Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Correct Colour

Hi, I've started stripping my 68'S' for a total rebuild. Throughout the years the car was given a wide body kit but, for the time being it will stay that way.... Going back to the narrow arches is beyond my current budget. Although, I would like to know the original colour of the car. The car has been painted over and over and never got a proper paint job. How can I, through the VIN, find the original colour of the car?

Thanks

Chris
Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Also, anyone knows what the measurement from the inner panel to the edge of the rear arch on the 3.2 SC stands at? Mine stands a 14". I Managed to find a rear half which I was thinking of buying to use in case I remove the wide GRF flared arches and replace with the SC.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
non-whiner

The 3.2 is not an SC, it is a Carrera and is wider than your stock 68. If you still want the Carrera flare width, I'll sell you the ones from my 84 that I cut off when I welded on turbo flares (what you currently have) for $100 plus shipping.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
For the color it should be a plate on driver post where is your hinges.Ifnot take off the sunviser and you should some original colour
Old 12-13-2013, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: