Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need advise on chrome removal

Hi I have a set of chrome fuchs, I want the chrome gone anyone here
please help, thanks

Alex
Old 03-29-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Alex,
Rims must be soaked in acid then bead blasted, Just had set done in Hayward, Ca. 75.00 per wheel w/o primer & paint.

Regards
Old 04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
yah thanks EPA just shut down the guy here in Jersey, I have no one else
to go to. thanks..

Regards

Alex
Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

achrome plateing shop can strip them for you i do not know the cost the llast time i had a bumper done they did not charge me anything

jerry
73 914 V8 LS1
83 Audi Ur-Quattro,black
Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

every time I had to have chrome remove I just sent it to the chrome shop .
the shipping have cost more then what the shop would charge us to remove the chrome .
the acid will only take the chrome off not any of the other metals the chrome shops use under the chrome .
that has to be sand blasted ! on aluminum the grit of the blasting media will ruff up the aluminum so much you will be hating life sanding the aluminum smooth again for the new finish you want to put on the wheels .
if you plan on buffing the aluminum at all for the shinny buffed aluminum look acid and blasting is not what you would want to do .
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
thank you 962

Alex
Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Alex I'm in the same boat. I have chrome Fuchs and want them stripped and redone with black centers. If anyone knows anyone in Ct please let me know.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmkv View Post
Alex I'm in the same boat. I have chrome Fuchs and want them stripped and redone with black centers. If anyone knows anyone in Ct please let me know.
if they are chromed and not a polished finish . bar plating in Meriden on powers dr.
203 630 1046 I think is there number but check to be sure .
very high quality work I have never been disappointed with all the work they have done for us in my shop .
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: