Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to brighton911
Good idea or not

First time in the paint forum so hopefully not too dumb of a question. My 86 911 in Guards Red has been repainted at least once. The front fenders and hood have a few marks etc that are starting to bug me but the rest of the car is pretty good. Would it make sense to take off the fenders and hood, deliver them to the bodyman/paintshop to have them done and leave the rest of the car as is? Matching would be important to me so I would need assurances from the paintshop that they can do it. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

just drop the car off at the shop and let them handle the job .
they should be doing a color blend so the match should be just fine .
by the way there is no dumb question but the one that is not asked !
Old 06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Kemo
962 is right on the money (as usual ). the shop will need to extend some of the new paint over onto your existing paint in such a way that you cant tell the difference between the two colors. no matter how good the color match is, its never perfect in all situations like bright sun or under flourecence. if you drop off the parts, you will most certainly be able to notice. also, colors fade over time so a new guards red will not exactly match a faded guards red.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: