Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Sampling Paint Colors

I'm starting think about which color I'd like to paint my 911 project. Only thing I've decided so far is that it will likely be a solid/non-metallic color - some candidates are Mexico blue, Riviera Blue, Signal Orange... What's the best way to get a sample that I can shoot onto a panel to see how it looks, please? Should I order a touch-up bottle, or is it easier to get a small spray-can made online? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
paint huffer

go to your local paint shop and get them to mix a half pint of each color. Touch up bottle isn't oging to yield much sprayable material.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Is that going to be a catalyzed/2-part paint that I need to add hardener and reducer to? I presume the rattle cans they mix for you are 1-part?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

what you get in a rattle can is about 2.5 OZ of color the rest is all propellant .

a low cost way to do it is go down to your area auto paint store ( jobber ) have them mix up a little of the colors your thinking of in a low cost enamel .
buy some reducer to spray it also .
then go buy a preval sprayer at your home store they are dirt cheap in cost .
you them mix the color with some reducer and spray it from the preval .
when your done spray the color wash the cup out with thinner and spray the next color your thinking of .
you do not need a hardener with enamels so you don't have to buy it .
the cost of a 1/2 pint enamel is very cheap and your getting a lot more then 2.5 oz of paint .
Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: