Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I'll race for food

Garage
help me id this 1988 pearl white please

I have an 88 with in pearl white that I need to do a little touch up. the color code is PEARLGLANZEFFEKT. my painter tried to look it up in the system and the only thing he found was PEARLGLANZWEISS..... i have a feeling those are not the same colors. Can anyone confirm this?....Can anyone suggest a way of finding the original formula.

Thanks in advance

Radu
www.octanegallery.com
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
less I know,more I learn

Garage
Ask your painter if he can mix you a small amount to spray on something & see if it's a close match. Bright metallic & pearls are more difficult to blend in touch ups & repairs to old paint. You'll notice a difference in color & shade from new paint to old paint. Even if you have the exact same paint that was used on the car. Anyway some paint companys have the same code,color & different name. I restored a 76 benz & had a digital scanner used to match paint. The color was bang on. Dark green,Dupont Chroma base clear. Cheers
Old 10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
Pearl White Effect. Standard Porsche color. Easy to match. The 947 9 3 is the actual color code
Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I'll race for food

Garage
thanks Kevin, somehow my painter only found PEARLGLANZWEISS in his computerized system. Is that the same as PEARLGLANZEFFEKT?
www.octanegallery.com
Old 10-26-2014, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
I'd look at the paint code number and not the name to determine if its the same color. Not knowing what data bank he's looking at I couldn't say.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

being the ex Porsche's dept head of coating for years and because of this I have all the info the factory would have I was getting so swamped with emails and PM's about peoples car colors .
I stopped giving out info to people about there cars colors .

because of the very short production run of the 947 white pearls on the 928's the paint manufactures tend to drop the color code listing from there up dates of color formulas .
you code 947 happens to be one of them that was dropped .

the code you have to now look for is L0A9 under VW/ Audi as it was used on the (water cooled cars) built in the VW then the Audi plants .
you could also use the number 0A9 under Porsche for air cooled cars .

all codes 947, 0A9, L0A9 are all the same colors they are called different names with different code numbers but are still all the same colors.

if the shop is using BASF they will find there are 3 different variants of the color so finding a match should be very ez for them to do .
Old 10-28-2014, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

OK, resurrecting this old thread. I have a paint code ID plate that shows 947-9-3, however it is an older one. I don't see pearl white offered anywhere on the earlier cars. I found this tag mixed in with a 1964 356C that I just picked up. The 356 appears to be Bali Blue. I was hoping this was the ID plate for it but all I'm finding is Pearl White... which was not offered in 64' Any thoughts or insite on this?
944 TS
1969 911 E
1956 356 Conti
1983 911 SC
Old 08-14-2017, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: