Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Grafting 911r signals

I see people with grafted in 911r front and rear signals. Are people using fiberglass or fabricating metal signals? If they are how difficult is it to fabricate these metal pieces?

Cheers,
Farrell
Old 02-22-2015, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

no one has any ideas?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

you can get every thing you need from GT racing
Old 02-24-2015, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i know where to get the parts, what I'm saying is are people using the fiberglass parts for grafting in or making their own custom metal pieces and welding those in?

just curious how the fiberglass will hold up long term to grafting.

thanks all
Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Pretty sure people are just 'glassing in the fiberglass turn-signal housings, as opposed to fabricating and welding in metal housings. I think it looks a million times better when grafted in. I think there is a short movie of Nakai-san of RWB doing such a "grafting" - check the thread by "Royze" over in the main forum...
Old 02-25-2015, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

as for molding it in that's up to you and what ever works best for you .
personally I like to use metal when molding into metal .
if done right you could use fiberglass with good results .
there are two part adhesives made for bonding FG to metals we have used them many times with out any failures .
Old 02-25-2015, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Excellent replies thank you. I'm not great with metal so glass may be best for me at this point. But as I devolp more skills with metal fabricating I'll use that.

Thanks again all
Old 02-28-2015, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: