Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Paint choices

Hello,
I am in the process of getting my 86 911 painted. I am considering PPG, Standox and Glasurit paint/clear coat. The paint code is L700, black. Any helpful, knowledgeable input is welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited by vancouver86/911; 07-08-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You will never see me make the ppg mistake again. Ever
Glaso or spies only .

I just stripped all that junk off " color was way off. Mixed 3 times and the blending
Was the worst ever. What a waste of $400.00
Old 07-16-2015, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

you know what PPG stands for ?
piss poor gloss !
because we do a crap load of Ferraris and for 5 years they used PPG I tried there paint on the Ferraris that were painted in ppg .
because we like to use the same paint manufacture on high end cars that they were painted in we though it would be a good idea to have PPG come in and do a demo of the coating .
after 5 cars and not one the color was even close on I said thanks but no thinks ! if glasurit matches on ppg painted car then there is no good reason to use ppg if they can't match cars they were painted in .
it's not even the bad color matches it just the hole look of the finish didn't even match .
Ferrari went back to glasurit for a good reason .
Old 07-16-2015, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I can't even find the stuff anymore , I have to drive 4 hours away ,
Which with the time I wasted and money. Perhaps I should have done that instead.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

paint supply places like Paul Francis & Co. in new haven CT does ship paints .
you would have to talk with george at PFC as he is the only one there that deals with shipping orders .
but if your looking for any paint lines from BASF they do have all of them .
Old 07-23-2015, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: