Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

koni color

I thought I recalled some discussion of the Koni shock color and someone said Shermin Williams had a color close to it . Any help, thanks
Old 08-13-2015, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I just bought new Koni shocks and can put them under the color meter next weekend to find the closest match.

PS: can you please reply to my PM on the 71s?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

As I am too busy, I will not have the time to work on my restoration project and go to the paint shop today.

If you search on "koni shocks color" in Google you will find references to Shelby and Mustang sites discussing the topic.

Classic Koni Red RAL color is 3013.
You will also find references to PPG mixtures or Duplicolor spray cans etc.

@ jtsas: did you sell your 71s already?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Koni color

Plastikote T-31 "bright orange" according to Koni tech service. I painted mine about 8 years ago, still looks good. Exact match. I bought mine at car quest auto parts, had to special order it. Took a couple days to get it. Try local flaps, they may have to order it as well. Don't use Chevy orange! Not even close, it'll look like a$$. Besides, do you want to tell people you have chevy stuff on your Porsche! Good luck...
Old 10-04-2015, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to xsboost90 Send a message via Yahoo to xsboost90
i remember it was "farm impliment yellow" but dont remember the brand

'64.5 mustang- protouring project
'08 Sierra 4x4 - daddy mobile
'13 Odyssey - mommy mobile
Old 10-16-2015, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: