Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
"Outtie" Repair

I must have thrown a wheel weight at a decent rate of speed. It created a small outtie dent. The paint has very light spidering, maybe 1/8-1/4" from center impact point. What's the best method of repair for this? This happened to another car of mine and my paint man said he used a center punch and tapped it down. Then a paint repair similar to a stone chip was done. Can't see the repair unless you really look hard. Paint color is Guards Red. Unfortunately my paint man is no longer with us due to sudden heart attack. Can this be done by a non professional like myself? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Try one of the paintless dent guys. They are pretty amazing.
1971 914-6 #0372
2016 Audi S3 DD
Old 11-08-2015, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. I thought about tha but wasn't sure they could work inside the wheelwell with the undercoating. I will have to bring the car by the local shop. I'm tempted to give it a go with a couple little taps on a flat head punch. Kind of scary.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: