Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

new front fenders

Anyone have any feed back about our hosts front fenders. I see two offered.I'm looking for fitment issues with after market. This will be for a 69 911E and 70T
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hope this helps:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/paint-bodywork-discussion-forum/892607-fenders-porsche-dansk.html
Old 12-16-2015, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

I have been repairing and restoring porsches for 35 years now change countless amount of panels on them made by every supplier out there .
personally I like Porsche parts only because they are Porsche parts and not for fitment .
you will find they all fit about the same (after market and Porsche) . one thing people keep forgetting is your dealing with a hand built car built by craftsmen . the builders now how to move metal around on a panel or panels to get the panels to fit as they should .
if for some reason you think your going to buy a panel and just bolt it up and it's going to look perfect right out of the box your nuts ! if you did take a new panel and bolt it on your car and if fit perfect you should be playing lotto every day because you are the luckiest person .
I read myths about how this or that aftermarket CO is making this or that panel for Porsche and this is what porsche is selling now . BS ! Porsche does not and will not do that .

this is not to say you should look for the lowest cost replacement panel you can find on the market as this will only set your self up for headaches .
if you want Porsche parts your wanting them simply because they are PORSCHE replacement parts .
it in no way will mean they will fit any better or worse then a quality aftermarket part .

fitting a panel to a hand built car will take work to do . if your not a craftsmen then you very will maybe having one hell of a bad day working on your car .
this holds true to any and all hand built cars out there .

the panel you removed from your car was with out any dough manipulated to fit your car so you will have to do the same to get the new replacement one to fit . it's really that simple .
Old 12-17-2015, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

FWIW, I recently posted to another thread asking the same question. I purchased a front left fender from Porsche for my '72 911. It fit perfectly out of the box.

1972 911t
1999 328is
Old 12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sballard View Post
FWIW, I recently posted to another thread asking the same question. I purchased a front left fender from Porsche for my '72 911. It fit perfectly out of the box.
you should have played lotto that day !
Old 12-17-2015, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: