Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fiberglass Rear Fender Paint Damage - DIY Advice Needed

Hi all,

While backing the car out of the garage for a first run of the season a rather heavy gardening tool impacted the top of my fiberglass rear fender. The impact has left a subtle impression or dent in the fiberglass and a large paint chip roughly 2" in diameter . I couldn't snap a picture, so I uploaded the one I have handy and circled where the damage is.

Does anyone have a good do-it-yourself step by step process for trying to reasonably repair the damage including what tools I should have handy for attempting this?
Alternatively, how much do you think a body shop would charge for doing this kind of repair? I'd like to try the repair myself, but I'm concerned about making things worse.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Many thanks!
Trev

Old 03-12-2016, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

By the time you buy body filler, sandpaper,primer and paint you"ll be in it for $100 or more if you use quality two part products. A body shop shouldn't charge more than a few hundred bucks and will have more resources to match your paint perfectly.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: