Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

962 porsche

Hi 962, thank you for sharing all your knowledge with us.my '69 911 was stripped to a bare tub.the rockers and rear qutrs.replaced.also the lock posts.the car was leveled on jack stands.I'm getting ready to put engine back in and gas tank ect.the panel gaps are roughly set.my question is how much change in gaps can I expect when the car is lowered on it's suspension due to deflection? thank you. tom cramer
Old 04-12-2016, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

there should be non if the car was on the stands and rebuilt properly .
is always best when your rebuilding a car on stands to support it by the suspension mounts points or as close to them as possible to mimic the loads on the chassis .
Old 04-13-2016, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

+1 from me!

I'm so glad I followed your advice and took the chassis off of the rotisserie before installing the floor pans. I put it back on the mounting jig I had whipped up, and found a 7-8 mm gap with one of the front suspension points. A little tug and it came back nicely to 2mm. I know some have installed their floor with the car upside-down, and that it worked out for them, but I think I would have been off by that much more if I had not followed your advice, so THANK YOU!

Now, I will keep it on the jig while I weld in the rockers and rear quater panels. Then, if I read you right, I should move it to the suspension mounts to adjust the panel gaps.

good luck with book/racing

Dario
Old 04-25-2016, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

yes it's best to have its weight on the places were the suspension mounts . this way the natural sag the chassis has will be there when adjusting your gaps .
Old 04-26-2016, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: