Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1967 SWB 911 With SC Rear Flares and Rolled Fronts

OK so I recently picked up this 67 and I'm not a big fan of the flared fenders on early cars but the back flares were done really well in metal so I may just leave them. I'm not planning to do a high dollar resto at this point, just make a nice driver. Is there a company that makes a rear bumper that looks original but matches up with the SC flares? how bad will it look with original bumpers, anyone have a pic? Is there a way to un-roll the front flares or is it better to cut and replace? Thanks

Old 06-29-2016, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
1967 frankenporsch

Carrera rs fiberglass replica rear bumper could be used as starting point.
Need to make a little longer. Not difficult to do.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
1967 frankenporsch

Post side view pictures
Old 07-17-2016, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
1967 frankenporsch

Still swb?
Old 07-17-2016, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I think I'm going to replace them, a fellow Pelican" Briansmachine" found some quarters and front fenders for me. He is restoring a guys 66 and they went with all new Porsche metal. Now I'm wondering if I should replace the whole quarter or just the lip? It still is a swb.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

early 1966 9/12. still short wheel base but as you can see about 27 changes from stock . It was built back in 1985.. (kind of obvious) It is still looking like this.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

In this case the car was almost free, front end damage, hood front fenders, rear quarter panels looked like it was involved with machine gun fire, (crazy ... all you have to do is take off the wheel to bump out dents). My neighbor wanted his 1975"S" turbo'd. I tried to talk him out of it... Any way I used his fender pieces after cutting his car for the factory flair kit and wielded them onto my quarter panel, It is 6' long wield to do this. I removed the front fenders and placed 1969 front fenders in place. I modified his rocker covers and placed them on the car...

Last edited by bobrestore; 07-20-2016 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 07-20-2016, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

you have to decide what you want your car to look like.... your decision...I cant see exactly how your doner quarter panels were cut ... usually hanging a complete quarter panel is easier than the 6' butt weld /hammer weld you other wise would do just to change the flair. Your front fender that you say have been "fender Rolled".... changing this flair to the stock "slab side" would be a tremendous amount of work compared to just buying replacement fenders... bob

Last edited by bobrestore; 07-20-2016 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 07-20-2016, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrestore View Post
you have to decide what you want your car to look like.... your decision...I cant see exactly how your doner quarter panels were cut ... usually hanging a complete quarter panel is easier than the 6' butt weld /hammer weld you other wise would do just to change the flair. Your front fender that you say have been "fender Rolled".... changing this flair to the stock "slab side" would be a tremendous amount of work compared to just buying replacement fenders... bob

I got the front fenders too, they look really good. I should have the panels this Fri or Sat

Old 07-20-2016, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

there is nothing wrong with putting the car back to the original configuration.... It really is how well the car is detailed that makes a big difference. My decision to alter the car was that the parts fell in my lap. Plus I was actually building the car for a turn, thus the "sell in a second" guards red.... long ass story as to why I still have the car, tragic, funny and lucrative... bob
Old 07-21-2016, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: