Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Body guys, I need help

My 914-6 GT clone is all painted....and I have a door not fitting.....I did purchase a new used pasanger side door to replace the original that had to much rust. New (used) door looked really good so I did not pre-fit (thats the problem). But the harm is done...All gaps look good, rear of door top lines up nice but the bottom hangs out strong 1/8 or more (twisted). Can't adjust the hinge side anymore or I throw the lead edge off. Ive bolted a 2x4 to the lock side and did twist it some, can i bend/twist it more or do I need to cut the inner door support to align/pull the bottom in some. This is a early door, with out steel safety beam. Thanks, Mark
Old 07-01-2016, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

actually, you are on the right path..... as you twist the door, you say you need I/8 inch.... as you twist, the top theoretically moves out.... soo ...for instance you twist it another 1/16" or more ... you will need to close the door at the top to line up with the quarter panel... I have not done 9/14's, a lot of 356 and 901. the strikers are very adjustable .... so, I would believe your !/8" inch is very doable without cutting .... bob
Old 07-01-2016, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Bob, I needed that encouragement. I'll need to get a longer 2x4 and a few more body's to help. Will scalloped some wood to fit the end of the door before bolting on the 2x4, don't want any bends in the wrong places. Best, Mark
Old 07-02-2016, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

DONE......can't believe I angst over this for a month. Just needed that extra push Bob. Best, Mark
Old 07-02-2016, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: