Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Front bumper seal rubber: glue or...?

I have this new bumper seal, but no old one to check the installation.
The outer pieces have double sided tape so they can be sticked underneath the indicator pieces, but the middle piece has no tape on it. Should it be glued to the bumper?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There's a similar rubber strip in the rear of my SC, between the body and bumper. The middle section did not have double sided tape, so I used the most aggressive 3M double stick tape I could find. I imagine you could also use 3M weatherstrip adhesive...
Old 07-11-2016, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS View Post
There's a similar rubber strip in the rear of my SC, between the body and bumper. The middle section did not have double sided tape, so I used the most aggressive 3M double stick tape I could find. I imagine you could also use 3M weatherstrip adhesive...
Thanks, I will try some double sided tape as well.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: