Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel door position question

I recently attached the front drivers side fender and the fitment of the seams from the hood and door look to be pretty good.

However my fuel door is tweaked and Im not sure why - it very well could have been bent in the process or out of position before - or even it could be from my fitment of the fender..

Anyway - what is the best course of action to fit the fuel door? Is the hinge the key? or do I have to re-fit the fender (door gaps look good to me)

Here is a pic of the fuel door for reference: The upper portion is sticky up (high side) and the low side is tucked lower than the fender.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It appears that the hinge mounting on the fender needs to be adjusted to rotate the door. This would lower the upper edge and raise the lower edge. Is this a new fender or are you just putting things together after paint. Rob
Old 08-31-2017, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30westrob View Post
It appears that the hinge mounting on the fender needs to be adjusted to rotate the door. This would lower the upper edge and raise the lower edge. Is this a new fender or are you just putting things together after paint. Rob
Thanks Rob.

It is an old fender.

From what you are suggesting - I'm assuming I need to loosen the 3 screws that I have circled here (taken when fender was removed) to adjust the hinge?

Is there a slot on the hinge that will allow for adjustment? I was thinking there might not be any hope for adjustment
Old 09-05-2017, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Loosen those three bolts and you should be able to get it adjusted. Afterwards, if the back of the flap is too high, you can loosen the one bolt on the latch and adjust it as well.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: