Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hood fitment '71 911

Hey everyone,

I have an issue with the hood fitment after replacement of the front latch panel. It seems that after the panel was replaced that the hood sticks out above the fenders a tad too much when it's closed. The alignment is dead on with the latch catching mechanis, and everything else seemed to be aligned when it was welded into place. There is no hood seals on the car either so I'm a little perplexed as to why it's sticking above the fender level. Am I missing something here? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sebastian
Old 12-31-2017, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would post your question in the tech forum, it will get much better response. Good luck, Tim
Old 01-02-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

this is the body and paint forum so this is the place to post your question .
a photo of how it's fitting would help . but did you adjust the striker on the hood or is the hole hood up higher then the fenders ?
Old 01-02-2018, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
a photo of how it's fitting would help . but did you adjust the striker on the hood or is the hole hood up higher then the fenders ?

yes, you are right . which brand of car of auto parts did you deal ?
A ISO/TS16949 certified OE manufacturer of Auto Parts since 2004. Producing fuel line, oil cooler, water outlet/thermostat assembly, coolant water pipes, all kinds of tube/pipes. Website & Page: www.fb.com/021auto
Old 01-02-2018, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Restoration Design panels. I started a thread in the tech section..
Old 01-02-2018, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I've not been impressed with any Restoration Design part i've seen.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

dkbautosports.com

it doesn't mater much whos parts or panels they are you have to screw around with them . your dealing with a car that was hand built so reshaping and making something fit is just part of a restoration.
i can't count the amount of times even with a OE replacement part i had to play around with it to get it to fit on a car .
a few weeks ago i did a front pan on a 911 and it dropped right in my 1st though was ( OK somethings wrong ) there wasn't but most times you have to play around with things to get them to fit right .
Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
Thereís no rule, itís a technical question and the tech forum gets way more traffic. Many have in tech section have expertise putting hoods on cars that never enter the paint body forum. Tim
Old 01-06-2018, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

getting responses and getting proper info are two different things . he got a few replies and yet not one person give him the 1st think you never do is adjust panel gaps with a car on a lift .
you could post the question on the mechanics forums too i'm sure some of them have installed hoods . but the simple fact is go to the people that do this as a living or have restored cars .
Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: