Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1967 karmann 912 - structural piece

Hello

Iím performing some rust repair on my 912. I removed the the rear floor pan section and noticed that I was missing a structural support piece. I only say this because Iíve seen this piece in other restoration threads.

This is the piece I am referencing (picture from the web).

This is a pic of my car.

There doesnít seem that this piece was ever present in my car. I canít see any indications that it was installed and removed somewhere along the years. Also, it looks like the floorboards have never been removed in the past (resistance welds still present).

Do any of you with an early swb car confirm that this piece was present when you performed floor pans replacement? Or did a Porsche assembly worker overlook installation of this piece.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
DFW, I don't possess the knowledge you need, but I'd recommend looking at the Restoration Projects page on DDK-Online, an excellent British Porsche club's website. They do more of the bodyshell projects there. Best of luck to you, John in CT.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks. Iíve been looking at that forum too- itís very informative.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
300hp 1800lbs is the goal

Garage
I don't think you are missing anything. Here's an old pic from when I was repairing rust on my '66 912. I don't see the part you are looking for, so maybe it was added to later cars.

The science was settled: Earth was flat.
Galileo : Flat Earth denier.

Last edited by pksystems; 03-26-2018 at 08:43 PM..
Old 03-26-2018, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks. It seems that sometime in late 1966 this support piece was added. Some 1967 cars have it and others do not. Iím not too concerned about it- Iím more curious than concerned at this point. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: