Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Body filler

Recomended body filler to use with Glasurit paint? I'll need ot for the fiberglass targa top and the fiber glass front spoiler. And then also what type works best for the steel body? Was planning on priming with Glasurit 55 epoxy primer.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 04-27-2018, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

i tend to use evercoat rage gold for most of my filler needs.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

So this stuff works with fiber glass and metal both correct? On the fiber glass does it have to go all the easy to the gel coat ?

Last edited by Ken911; 04-27-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Dent Puller

Garage
I recently started using Evercoat Rage X-treme - So far NO pinholes and sands nice.
If your repairing damaged fiberglass like a crack or hole you would need to use mat & resin first or a repair material like Fusor T-21
Old 04-27-2018, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have low spots where the targa top latches down. They pull on the top and it's developed low spots over the years. There is a small crack on the turbo tail grating
Old 04-27-2018, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

yes you can use it over fiberglass.and jelcoating.
just sand with 80 grit to give it some tooth.

if your repairing cracks in FG you going to have to fiberglass the cracks 1st.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Ok thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
If at any point you need something a little more durable with a hint of flexibility to it use MarGlass over the fiberglass
Old 06-11-2018, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I will second the Evercoat Rage Xtreme. I've been using it for quite awhile and recently made the mistake of trying a different product. Xtreme sands REALLY nice and is great to work with. Certainly if you have pinholes or scratches that you just can't get out without ruining the fill job, use a finishing putty over top, to skim coat where needed. Upol makes a finish putty called Dolphin that remains very flexible and is great for flexible surfaces as well. Evercoat Quantum series finish putty is nice stuff too. Not sure if they still make it, though.

I've admittedly never tried the Xtreme over plastic, but I'm guessing it will perform.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: