Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 356 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Rookie Question ~ Tires

I have a 1985 911 Carrera Targa and have been looking to replace Pirelli P6 tires.

195/65 - VR15 on the front and 215/60 - VR15 on the rear.

I am under the impression that Pirelli does not make any tires to fit this car, which seems rather impossible...

Where can I find some decent replacement tires. I cannot seem to find Pirelli, much less any other manufacturer that I would care to consider...
Old 07-28-2019, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Maybe the wrong forum?

We have the same size on our '88 targa. Choices are very limited. Pirelli does make this tire and it is recommended by Porsche. They are over 1000 bucks for a set of 4, and they are crap. Fine when new, but quickly go out of round, get hard, and crack in the sun.

We have been using these on our '88:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A%2FS+P02+%28W-Speed+Rated%29

Inexpensive, ride nice, and quiet. Handling is not razor sharp, but adequate. They will heat up and get squishy if you are pushing the car hard through the twisties, but they give you plenty of warning as they go away.

Use the same tires on the 356's, though a little narrower, so maybe not the wrong forum after all.

DG
Old 07-28-2019, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: