Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 356 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Valve lash noise

Just did top end on this 356 engine heads redone seats ground,valves lapped new guides new valve springs and keepers honed clys. new rings new gaskets done this before and on my 1959 no problem. that said this engine has alot of valve train noise and I mean a lot. have set valves by efrink manual no change set them using hot rod style ,exhaust just starts to open do that cly. intake then with intake fully open do exhaust , no change in noise. started with .004 intake and .006 exhaust no change then .004 exhaust and .006 intake no change,the engine is a bastard, 1957 case and timing cover with 1600 roller bearing rod journals what I an told are 1600 super 90 heads and valve train ( thats why tried switching lash) I did not hear engine run before disassembly was done before I got to it was told yes it was noisy before! I am not that familure with the roller rod motors but cant see how that would cause valve noise any one have simular problem with valve noise foot note first start up after getting fuel to carbs one pump hit key instant start no popping though carbs would rev up( not more that 1800-2000 rpms because of noise ) no problem of corse did not run long just about 30-45 secs and shut off ( also has 44 mm webers on it)

Old 04-07-2021, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: