Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 356 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Faegol twin engined cars, what happened to them?

I couldn't find the original posting on them on this site. I gather that Mr. Faegol was adequately funded in his experiments so he didn't have to sell the cars but possibly they were converted back to single engine Porsches. Does anyone have the SN? I also found this paragraph from a website called reservatory6blogspot.com which tells us that the more radical car was made of two aircraft droptanks on a handbuilt frame and not a Porsche chassis so I guess the only one that's important to purists is the more stock looking one (with that annoying grille--why do Porsche special builders keep adding grilles on REAR ENGINED cars?)

The quote from reservatory6:
Twin-engine Porsches created by Lou Fageol, whose father Frank founded the Twin Coach Company in 1927 to develop a large capacity dual-engine bus to challenge street cars for city transit. In addition to considerable success as pilot of Gold Cup hydroplanes Slo-Mo-Shun IV and V, Lou built a dual Offy powered Fageol Twin Special that started the 1946 Indy 500 from the middle of the front row. His double engine obsession continued with the Fageol Twin Porsches. Top photo shows the original car with 356 coupe body and '51-2 Packard grille (and tail lights?) in early August 1953 @ Paine Field in Everett, Washington, during SCCA races held as part of the annual Seattle Seafair celebration. Lower photo from Don Zipfel via Hemmings @ Pebble Beach April 1955 shows a more radical second car, constructed from airplane drop tanks on a box channel frame with Porsche suspension bits.

If you can find the original mention on Pelican, there's more pictures.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: