Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 356 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Glockler 1954 coupe with wrap around rear window

It's an odd looking car with doors cut into the roof, a wraparound rear window (didn't Oldsmobile have that on a Toronado?) and Caddy style taillamps. Here on You Tube, is a walk around view of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrXfgj6loGk'

A website called Classic Driver says it was built
as the seventh Glockler for the Mille Miglia but not finished in time and didn't run.It competed in Leige-Rome-Leige rally but just barely finished.
I have seen pictures of it at various displays. On the You Tube video, I couldn't stop the film long enough to read the sign but just want to know if it had a real Porsche 356 and, if so, what that chassis SN was. Or else I revert back to saying only Glockler 003, the roadster with removable hardtop, had a Porsche floorpan with a Porsche SN (much better looking car!)

(Please ignore the regular Porsche photo that got in there accidentally....)
Any opinions?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
The tailights look like the ones on my '52 Henry J!
Old 04-11-2017, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: