Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 356 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need some help in NJ, PA, DE area Porsche 356 rear drums

Hello Pelican,

I have a 62 Porsche 356 T6B. After a crazy long time I am finally about finished and ready to begin driving the car.

I need a little help, is there anyone on here who has done this on a drum brake car before?

The front was pretty straightforward, but the back through me for a loop with all the seals and stuff. I have all the parts and just need a hand from a sage person.

I am located in Southern NJ, but very close to PA and DE.

Please help, so close to finally driving the car after many years
Old 08-30-2017, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Need some help in NJ

I got one like yours and yes the rear drums and stuff is all a bit strange. I think Mr. Porsche designed that lot on a Friday afternoon just waiting for the bell to ring. Anyway if you go to the UK early Porsche website 'DDK' and look to the 356 section then seek 'something is terribly wrong' tale you will find a full download of how to calculate the axial clearance for the rear bearings and there is a schematic breakdown of how all the O rings and washers and shims go. I'm pretty certain you can access this without logging on or joining anything. The procedure isn't all that hard but I would recommend getting new seal kits and having a dry run at it first.
Good luck.
(The pic is of a VW drum cos I'm running Fuchs so needed 5 on 130 pcd.)
Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: