Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 356 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Very Rare Blaupunkt Shortwave Adapter + Matching Booklet

FS: Very rare Blaupunkt classic car radio 8 channel shortwave adapter, authentic from the sisties.This item sits under your dash, plugs into the aerial input of your radio and allows you to receive many more shortwave stations. These fits all car radios with an aerial input. Not tested. Included is a matching booklet. Price 245 euro+shipping.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This is still available
Old 11-11-2019, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This is still available
Old 12-07-2019, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Still available
Old 01-02-2020, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Time for a bump
Old 02-11-2020, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I do not think you still able to get any signal from this vintage radio. I do not know for sure.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hienz View Post
I do not think you still able to get any signal from this vintage radio. I do not know for sure.
It's not a radio, it's a shortwave adapter.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Beginning in the early 1950`s, Blaupunkt offered a separate short wave adaptor to be used in conjunction with their line of auto radios. The short wave adaptor was a separate unit, usually mounted under the radio in a 356 Porsche, which provided additional short wave capability to a radio already equipped with a short wave band, or added the capacity to a radio without short wave capacity. The typical unit had nine additional push buttons
Old 02-15-2020, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Shortwave used to be so much fun. I remember driving at night 40 years ago and tuning in to broadcasts from all sorts of far away places around the globe. Berlin, Moscow, London, etc. Now, at least in the USA, I think Heinz is correct, and there is not much to hear. I think in some places it is still in limited use though, and I would not be surprised if SW returns some day. It is an effective way to broadcast great distances.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

When we bought our '64 SC in 1973, it had one of these mounted below the glovebox. The original owner picked the car up as part of a PCA Treffen, so he must have used it while touring Europe. It worked but we didn't use it much. Then, while traveling near Cleveland, it was stolen.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: