Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 356 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Advice needed

Hello,

Today I went to see a car which is for sale and has some works.
I found out that on the right side door, there is a huge gap between the passanger window frame and the quarter window.

Something happended to this door as couldn't opened (didn't want to force it as the seller was watching me ;-)
Well after checking on the net, looks like it's not the only 912 with the same kind of problem :
The follow picture comes from Bringatrailer and shows the same gap.

Before going further with the seller, does anyone already face with this kind of issue in the past? Is it a quick fix?
Thanks for reading.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Botic,
These cars have likely been damaged in an accident, or from some similar events. If I was serious about purchasing an old damaged Porsche, Id have it thoroughly examined by a professional with experience in the restoration of old damaged Porsches.
When examining such a car, if I fear damaging it further during inspection, I request the seller to operate doors, lids, windows, sunroof, etc. Good luck, and Caveat Emptor.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I concur on the crash damage. Be careful.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered
I think the BAT car does not have the rear quarter window installed, and the door appears to be only engaged on the outer catch of the latch. That would explain the large gap.

On the black car the quarter window is installed but still a big gap. Possibly the door window frame is not really installed, just sitting there. But also sort of looks like the wind deflector at the rear is bent outward. Maybe someone tried to break into the car by prying out on the window frame. Looks pretty wrong, and likely to be a big problem there.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Looks like the B pillar is missing....ugh! Run away!!

Old 10-09-2020, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: