Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Blaupunkt CR-3001 amp (SC) question

For the US market SC radio experts (Japanese Blaupunkts)....

I am trying to determine with some level of certainty if my car had a CR-3001 installed originally. For me, this could be indicated by evidence of the CR-3001 specific amp under the passenger side floorboard. I had thought my car had the CR-2001 originally but....

I pulled the passenger side floorboard last night while doing shift bushings and found two holes on the back of it, one with a black screw and washer still screwed in it in a spot where something could be mounted (enough clearance behind floorboard).

The holes were not parallel to the floor (slight angle). I measured the distance between the holes - exactly 4 inches. Anyone have one of these CR-3001 specific amps laying around that could tell me how far the mounting slots on the amp are from each other? Now my holes are at maybe a 25 degree angle and the amp has slots vs holes so who knows how accurate a test this is, but could anyone tell me if holes exactly 4 inches from each other possibly match with the mounting slots (even at an angle using the slots) for a CR-3001 amp?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you have the option list for your car? It would be listed there - option 126 I believe.

Cassette-radio (digital) with ARI (Autofahrer-Rundfunk-Informationssystem).

If you have the books it will be on a sticker in there.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have one at home I might be able to measure for you later this evening. If not try messaging Lada03 on here. He was pretty knowledgeable about SC radios.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks all

Option codes for my car includes m461 which is power antenna / 4 speakers, which it has- that’s it.

Given that I understand these radios were dealer installed I think that would make sense - prepped for radio but perhaps no option code.

I may hit up lada ; I bought a cr2001 from him a few years back I think

The car also had an 80s era car phone in it at one point also so that could be it, but I wouldn’t mind ruling the cr3001 in or out.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I had a look through my paperwork and I couldn't find the dang sticker in the owner's manual. I could have sworn it had one. Anyway ...

On my Porsche Certificate of Authenticity it lists the option as "Digital Radio" but no option code unfortunately. So the factory must have known it at least had the option for the prep for it. So I suspect it would be listed at least.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Not it

Artur (lada03) promptly got back to me. Measurement on his amp was 5.5 inches between mount holes so this cannot be it. Holes in my floorboard must have been from the 80s era car phone once present.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: