Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
Nice work. The disassembly is moving along. It looks like you are labeling everything well. I can't stress this enough. Over label and bag everything. So much easier going back together.
good tip thanks. I feel like I am going overboard with notes, pictures, labels, bags and organizing! I have a list going of every step I have done with notes on each step and references to labeled pictures that go with that step. My hope is just to do everything in reverse putting it back together. Time will tell how that works out. As long as nothing happens to my pictures I should be okay...
Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Subscribed!
Old 11-10-2018, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Been flying so not much work accomplished last couple days. I got a large order from Pelican of various parts such as oil lines, gaskets, selas, belts and such for my intended motor maintenance. Have been working on getting some interior bits in order.

I have 3 carpet samples from different vendors being sent my way. A couple different weaves and shades of gray.

Have seat belt samples in orange coming as well. That vendor has a sunset orange that looks to match my scheme pretty well and also a black belt with an orange trim. Both seem like good options but I need to see them in person.

Ordered my rs style door cards with orange door release pulls. They actually come with red pulls and an additional color was a free option so I selected the orange. Do not know if that orange will work. Expect I will end up having some custom ones made that match exactly.

I decided based on advice in my other thread I posted to go with the alacantra seat centers, leather border and deviated orange double diamond stitching. This is not the same seat but you can get an idea of how it will look. Of course that has me thinking deviated stitching on the wheel would be a nice compliment but then again maybe to much. Will consider that. I need to nail down the carpet color to be able to select the outer shell color for the seats. Once I get the samples of the carpet and decide on that I will send that sample and a color spray out of the orange paint to the seat maker for him to use in matching up the gel coat on the seat shell and the stitching on the seats.

Doing a good job of spending money lately without actually making any progress on the car.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Doing a good job of spending money lately without actually making any progress on the car.
^
Been there....
Old 11-14-2018, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
^^
Done that.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
scumbag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
plenty of days where that is solid progress. looking great so far.

IG: @doktor_b
Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbalich View Post
plenty of days where that is solid progress. looking great so far.
In that case, I am WAY ahead of schedule on my build.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Garage
I got my door panels and seat belt color samples in.
The panels came with red pulls but you could get an optional color for no extra charge. I ordered the orange. Don't think they will be quite the right shade of orange. Ordered these from Bob at appbiz. He is really great to work with.

Got some seat belt samples from seatbeltplanet.com
I am trying to decide between the sunset orange or the black with orange trim option. Once I figure that out I will have some new door pulls made out of the same material to match the seat belts. (color samples are laying on my paint spray out samples)

Got the first set of carpet samples as well. Not the color I was looking for so hopefully when the next two show up they will be correct and I can get all my interior plans finalized.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
Hey, nice marmot.

Garage
Scott has hit this point in the project.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.

Last edited by tirwin; 11-17-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 11-17-2018, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

^
I needed that comment.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Hey, nice marmot.

Garage
We’ve all been there before. And some of us are dumb enough to do it again! And again. And again...

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
11/20/18 83 total hours

Been continuing to work on the teardown.
Recent progress includes the window frames and glass. Today I removed both doors. Spent a lot of time labeling and taking notes on all the wiring connections so I can get the mirrors and window switches hooked back up correctly. I do not trust the colors of the wires would match a wiring diagram as it looks like there have been some modifications over the years. Everything was working perfectly when I started taking things apart so hopefully I can get it all back together. Plugs that do not fit through the holes in the doors the wires feed through to remove them sure complicate things as I spent a lot of time today unwiring the plugs.

I received a carpet sample pictured below I believe will be my final selection. Waiting for one more sample to arrive from overseas just to make sure though. Once I lock in the carpet I can work on the color match for the fiberglass shells on the seats.

I did find my first area of rust in the drivers door that will need repairing. Someone previously attempted a very poor repair. Doesn't look to big and the rest of the car still appears to be rust free. Keeping my fingers crossed on that.

A large part of what I have remaining to take off of the car consists of wiring and electrical components Now that I have used the power to remove the sunroof and windows I should not be needing the wiring in place any longer. I am actually starting to see the end of the tunnel as far as disassembly goes. Up to 10 typed pages of step by step notes and 216 labeled pictures to help me get it back together.

If anyone reading is an instagram user I update my live story and post photos of the build on my account @scottscobra Please check that out as well.

Old Today, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: