Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Parts suggestion

An easily removable engine cover for the Cayman and of course 2016 GTS since that’s my car!
Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

How about seat backrest buffers for G-series cars (or most in fact with Recaro seats).
Part numbers L & R are 901.521.191.00 & 901.521.192.00. These are no longer manufactured by Porsche. Sierra Madre Collection have made runs of repros but not for a long time and have none planned. The originals were a moulded hard plastic but Im sure something could be machined up.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Product Suggestion

I did a bi-xenon conversion on my 993, with upgraded clear lenses as well, and de-chromed the shiny interior while I was in there, for an updated look.
What I have not been able to find, however, is a clear replacement headlight lens (no diffusing ridges) similar to the ones available for the 964s.

I have to imagine that there must be a market for something like this for the 993.

OEM glass:

aftermarket clear lens on a 964:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Gunther Werks 993 - just for illustration purposes. I'm not sure they would even sell this item piecemeal and it's more "polished" than most would need - or I would want.
Personally, a simple recasting of the OEM glass without the ridges would be ideal. And far less complex and expensive than the GW version.

This is mine without all the shiny business going on inside the headlight.
An improvement IMO, but the deletion of those ridges would make for a cleaner look:

Old 09-14-2018, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

How about a cup holder in the "map pocket" in front of the covered pocket. Something simple made from maybe fiberglass that simply has a small curve out of the edge to accommodate a coffee cup sized drink. I put my coffee in there now but it always is tight and I'm bending the door panel/wall by doing it so often. Maybe something that replaces the entire unit with a better hinged top for the covered part- and just a simple molded cup holder in the open part. My wife's Dodge Grand Caravan has it- and it works really well. It's something like this:

Old 09-14-2018, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Jacksonville, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennline View Post
1) This is do-able. We have a car in the shop right now that needs one of these. We'll follow up by PM as we proceed. What year is your car?

+1 on the billet vent knobs
Old 09-16-2018, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I would like well built rear fender support braces and integral mud flap brackets with tasteful - durable mud flaps to protect the rear quarters from rocks,etc.

Not for everyone ,but definitely a functional piece for me.The old ones I have are staying until i find good replacements.The added bonus is that they also keep grit off the engine and inside of the upper rear fenderwell.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
I'd love to see some quality replacement 911G Model visors that are similar in appearance and materials to Original Equipment visors.
Gone but not forgotten: 1969 Datsun 2000, 1973 914 1.7, 1976 912E
Old 09-25-2018, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric at Pelican Parts View Post
Rennline has consistently been expanding their product lines to cater to even more Porsche, BMW, MINI, Volkswagen, Audi, and Mercedes Benz enthusiasts. They’ve added many new applications to their ExactFit phone mount lineup and are continuing to add more models. Just this past week we worked with Rennline to help with product development on the 2018 Panamera. Check out the video below for a quick behind the scenes interview with Tom Rittenburg at Rennline on how they develop their application specific ExactFit phone mounts.

Rennline is always thinking of ways to help automotive enthusiasts by producing the products that people want. Because they’re so willing to help automotive enthusiasts, we figure it would be best to ask you, the Pelican community, what you want produced. If you have any suggestions or ideas on products Rennline should produce, please post them below. We’ll be sure to pass on the suggestions, and if your idea will be put into production, you'll receive a FREE one. That's right, Rennline will thank you by sending you a free product that you came up with - how cool is that!

We're going to be making regular updates on our YouTube account, including everything from event coverage to product demos, vehicle features and more! Make sure you check out our YouTube channel and subscribe to it for original content from us!
Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Help 😱. Please make an engine deck lid support to replace the rediculous gas strut system. On my 81 911SC, I’ve tried every brand, combination and gimmick on the market for over thirty years and none work more than a couple years. It’s embarrassing having folks see your deck lid propped up with a piece of broom handle. Ask anyone with a 911 and you’ll get an ear full on crap gas struts. I have lots of Rennline parts on my SC and they’re all great quality and well designed. You smart guys are the ones to solve this very annoying and expensive problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmccauley View Post
Example: This is a pic of an engine deck lid support I took on one of Ron Zitza’s 911s (Zotz Racing Orlando) at a DE at Roebling Road in 2016. Ron said he only has this one and doesn’t know were it came from.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

1976 + Lower dash cover to be used with knee pad (original or Rennline) With the options of radio delete, A/C control delete. They should be in plain(black/brushed/primed for paint) finish and have the option to be straight or grooved to install decorative fabric insert.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanuf View Post
1976 + Lower dash cover to be used with knee pad (original or Rennline) With the options of radio delete, A/C control delete. They should be in plain(black/brushed/primed for paint) finish and have the option to be straight or grooved to install decorative fabric insert.
Damn! You beat me to it. I had emailed with Russell Fawley at Rennline regarding this.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Here is a sample, custom made by the guys at Backyard Leyends

Old 10-01-2018, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanuf View Post
We have something similar that we've been working away on for a few years... Its very slick and almost ready for production. It will definitely take car of the ugly dash syndrome.
Follow us on Instagram @Rennline
Old 10-04-2018, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmccauley View Post
Help 😱. Please make an engine deck lid support to replace the rediculous gas strut system. On my 81 911SC, I’ve tried every brand, combination and gimmick on the market for over thirty years and none work more than a couple years. It’s embarrassing having folks see your deck lid propped up with a piece of broom handle. Ask anyone with a 911 and you’ll get an ear full on crap gas struts. I have lots of Rennline parts on my SC and they’re all great quality and well designed. You smart guys are the ones to solve this very annoying and expensive problem.

Example: This is a pic of an engine deck lid support I took on one of Ron Zitza’s 911s (Zotz Racing Orlando) at a DE at Roebling Road in 2016. Ron said he only has this one and doesn’t know were it came from.

We have something on a the drawing board to replace the gas strut. It bolts in place of the factory strut, so no welding required.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoncurly View Post
I'd love to see some quality replacement 911G Model visors that are similar in appearance and materials to Original Equipment visors.
Unfortunately, this ones out of our scope, as we do minimal work with fabrics. This would be a great product for somebody like Lakewell.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterair View Post
I would like well built rear fender support braces and integral mud flap brackets with tasteful - durable mud flaps to protect the rear quarters from rocks,etc.

Not for everyone ,but definitely a functional piece for me.The old ones I have are staying until i find good replacements.The added bonus is that they also keep grit off the engine and inside of the upper rear fenderwell.

This is a great idea! My personal car has some of the infamous vertical dings in the top of fenders. Very common with cars running slicks as they pick up the pebbles and fling them into the underside of the fender. We drew these up many years ago, and then put the project on hold. I'll get it back on the drawing board and email you when we have a set ready.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRVYJM View Post
How about a cup holder in the "map pocket" in front of the covered pocket. Something simple made from maybe fiberglass that simply has a small curve out of the edge to accommodate a coffee cup sized drink. I put my coffee in there now but it always is tight and I'm bending the door panel/wall by doing it so often. Maybe something that replaces the entire unit with a better hinged top for the covered part- and just a simple molded cup holder in the open part. My wife's Dodge Grand Caravan has it- and it works really well. It's something like this:

We do have a cup holder in the works. Our initial prototype fits to the upper door rail. There are alot of people who aren't able to use the door pocket unit as they have early door cards, or rsa door cards. We are shooting to release this before the holiday season!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe993 View Post
I did a bi-xenon conversion on my 993, with upgraded clear lenses as well, and de-chromed the shiny interior while I was in there, for an updated look.
What I have not been able to find, however, is a clear replacement headlight lens (no diffusing ridges) similar to the ones available for the 964s.

I have to imagine that there must be a market for something like this for the 993.

OEM glass:

aftermarket clear lens on a 964:
This is another great one for Flat 6 Illuminations who we work closely with. I will pass along the idea.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie930 View Post
How about seat backrest buffers for G-series cars (or most in fact with Recaro seats).
Part numbers L & R are 901.521.191.00 & 901.521.192.00. These are no longer manufactured by Porsche. Sierra Madre Collection have made runs of repros but not for a long time and have none planned. The originals were a moulded hard plastic but Im sure something could be machined up.
We've done some research and there does seem to be a need for these. Is there any chance you have one that we could borrow? We'll send you a free set when we finish the first production run... as well as yours in return of course.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: