Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
New Blaupunkt Black Radio Avail 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
What vendor did you buy it from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
I got an e-mail yesterday from them to place my order and the link to this site.

Looks perfect and they added a multi-color feature for the lighting.

https://www.caraudio24.de/Autoradios/Blaupunkt/Blaupunkt-Bremen-SQR-46-DAB-MP3-Autoradio-mit-Bluetooth-DAB-USB-SD-iPod-AUX-IN::36007.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

Garage
I was on a road trip the other day and I noticed at freeway speeds of 60-70 mph I could hardly hear the songs. The engine fan and the motor are screaming at me along with road and engine noise. I think crazy to spend a ton on a car stereo.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Triesch View Post
I was on a road trip the other day and I noticed at freeway speeds of 60-70 mph I could hardly hear the songs. The engine fan and the motor are screaming at me along with road and engine noise. I think crazy to spend a ton on a car stereo.
That's because you are listening to the wrong kind of tunes, NickNasty! I have a budget Kenwood (don't give two shiits about the appearance of a car head unit, as long as it is primarily black), along with equally budget speakers, and I can hear my turbo powaaahhhhed metal tunes just fine, even at TexASS freeway cruising speeds of 80+, and with the a/c blower on max!
Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
haha, exactly.
I saved weight and ripped the whole HiFi out.
Inserted a DIN-Box instead of the radio to put my wallet.
Nice.

https://www.facebook.com/911garage

Last edited by Flojo; 11-07-2019 at 06:04 AM..
Old 11-07-2019, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Roll up your windows, and turn on the air conditioner. It is a LOT quieter that way. I have a crappy $48 stereo in my 911. It plays the USB thump drive with my music on it, and I can hear it just fine.

I want to get the Balupunkt just to have a better looking unit, and get some better sound than the low end stereo I have. I do not have a power amp, and I never will.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
I do not have a power amp, and I never will.
Glen --- Thought I'd chime in on this - while perhaps counterintuitive, many people add a power amp to increase the "quality" of the sound and not the volume/quantity. Put another way, a good power amp can cause your sound system to sound cleaner/fuller at lower volume and not simply create a license plate rattle at high volume.

Case in point, when I added a vintage a/d/s power plate watt (20 watts per channel) to my system, I noticed a marked improvement in my 911 audio system's sound over the 30 watt per channel amp integrated into my blaupunkt head unit (I'm running a simple system that consist solely of 6.5" separate woofer/tweeters in my doors and don't use the rear speakers or a subwoofer).

I've now bypassed my head unit and am feeding my underseat a/d/s amp via a bluetooth converter and using my iPhone as my sound source (with a rennline magnetic mount on my clock bezel) -- while I was interested in the new blaupunkt covered in this thread, am increasingly being drawn to the din-box flojo posted above as my "solution"
Old 11-07-2019, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

^ Plus, there are compact power amps that fit under your passenger seat AND have bluetooth capabilities to handle streaming, phone calls, etc.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)
Coram Deo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
^ Plus, there are compact power amps that fit under your passenger seat AND have bluetooth capabilities to handle streaming, phone calls, etc.
What is your recommendation in that category, and why? Seems like a great idea.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM View Post
What is your recommendation in that category, and why? Seems like a great idea.
I used the JBL GTR-104. It has speaker-level inputs, so you can wire your old Blaupunkt radio/cassette player into it if you want (nothing like some good ol' tape hiss!). Not a ton of power (100x4), and it has a wired (!) remote to link bluetooth, etc. that you'll need to mount somewhere, but it's still a big improvement over using the head unit alone. I fit mine under the drivers seat and a compact powered sub (Alpine PWE-S8) under the passenger seat. Not audiophile quality, but again, a big step up from stock (buy some good component speakers for the doors, too).

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109GTR104/JBL-GTR-104.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PWES8/Alpine-PWE-S8.html?tp=114
Old 11-08-2019, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: