LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Inspired

WOW.....

I love it!

I'm gonna do that to mine!

I love the detail of the clean trunk and carpet. Its just what I've been looking for but I didn't know what I was looking for, until now.

I love my spare tire...... but it was hidden behind the carpet......

Now, I have the SOLUTION!

Old 08-30-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you acme911 !!!
Old 08-30-2018, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Your welcome! I'll try to put together a detailed Frunk thread on what's involved this weekend.

Also I just finished these today.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Love the detail, any more info on the headlights, which model OSRAM were they? I can't seem to locate anything that looks like that on the web.
being love by new owners:
1990 964 C2, 2007 C4S Cabriolet, 1997 986, 1958 356 A
Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Love the detail, any more info on the headlights, which model OSRAM were they? I can't seem to locate anything that looks like that on the web.
Try Amazon or eBay. Search for 7Ē osram headlight. They usually come with h4,h5 adapters. Itís pretty much plug and play. Mine are DOT.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Beautiful car with tasteful mods. Looks great.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Acme - what exhaust are you running there? M&K?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
I love the window cranks. Would you be interested in making a second set?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 09-18-2018, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydeakins View Post
Acme - what exhaust are you running there? M&K?
Hi, Center muffler off a 2014 GT3.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
I love the window cranks. Would you be interested in making a second set?
Thanks for the compliment. My regular life keeps me pretty busy as I do renovation work on houses. Maybe. My problem is I just "wing it" when I have ideas.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2018, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Latest Stuff

HI, I had not posted for awhile. Personal health and family matters needed attention. So at last I am able to work on the car a bit. Iíve been street tuning the Infinity as much a possible on the local back roads here in Northern Ca. Rennsport came to town along with a lot of traffic so I stopped the runs and scheduled some Dyno time with my local friend who has a little shop. Seeing that we couldnít get together for at least a week I decided to fix a few things that have been broken since getting the car over 3 yers ago.

Almost forgot. Before starting on the stuff below I replaced my starter with a WOSP High Torque unit. What a great little starter. And pairs up nicely with a 925 Odyssey Battery.

I started with the Odometer and trip meter. Both had never worked. Thought it might be the dreaded stripped gear.

After removing it from the dash and opening it up. I quickly discovered the gears were all fine. Used my drill to spin it up and soon discover that the shaft connected to the brass gear went through to the other end and slipped through another gear. This gear was slipping on the shaft that fed the trip as well as the odometer. I pulled the shaft and with a file made some serrations to help engage the slipping gear. Slid the shaft back in and fired up my drill. It worked! Both trip and Odometer work as they should.

So another while your in there moment#1 Decided since I have one gauge out. Why not order a set of LED Dash lights from Carmagic. I had read a few threads on these and had wanted a set for awhile. Iíve gotten used to modern cars with LEDís in the dash and exterior lights and really prefer them to old incandescent.

In there moment #2. So I pulled all my gauges while I waited for delivery of the Carmagic LED set. Looking at a now black hole(s)? I decide why not Paint the dash to match my Guards Red exterior. Again, this is something I had thought about doing for awhile and decided. Hey, why not? I can always paint over it.

In there moment #3. My clock, while being the newest looking gauge in the cluster, typically never worked correctly. So again, I decided to work on a long forgotten idea for a replacement gauge. I had bought the parts over a year ago and dug them out. My idea was to take a combo fuel and eBrake light gauge from a 914 and re-purpose into a combo volt and Rev limit light gauge.
It turned out to be easier than I thought as the Rev light I had bought worked out perfectly to modding into the combo gauge. I put the rev limit dial through a hole drilled in the lower right side bottom of dash. I very happy with the outcome.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Runnin on empty

Garage
In there moment #4. So again while staring at the dash I decided to replace the colored switch International Skittle looking inserts with some brushed aluminum ones. I some aluminum bar stock handy and decided to try milling some to replicate the plastic inserts. These were easy to do on the lathe and would just cut them off on my band saw as I milled them one at a time. The labels were made on my P- touch labeler using black on clear labels.

So the Carmagic LEDís arrive and I couldnít be happier. These are great! No more squinting. I opted for the bright white.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Aha moment #5.
So while on the LED lights I"m out with my wife at a local Joanne's Craft store. I see one of the on TV LED Light bars with motion activation for $9.99. So I buy it and bring it home. In my garage I already have some small round molybdenum magnets. I stick these on using 3M tape. And now have the best removable light in my trunk.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Moment #6 & #7

And then added moment #6. Ordered Festoon LED bulbs for the Glove box and interior lights.

And finally completing the LED upgrades. I ordered the great set of LED's from SpokeLED. I had tried the regular led bulb replacement on my exterior lamps. But, was not satisfied. After reading numerous posts about Spoke's set up they really seemed the best option. I am not disappointed at all. These are by far the best, brightest set up you can have. To me and others it is cheap insurance to be visible during daylight and evening. I opted for the RS version in the rear and the split DRL/amber in the front. Pictures can't do these Lights justice as they are blinding in daylight and close range.
For my front I also purchased a set of clear front lenses.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Hmm interesting.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Just found this thread - love the clean look and all the "make it your own" touches that you have applied!
Old 10-14-2018, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme911 View Post
Hi, Center muffler off a 2014 GT3.
How about the rest of the system?

Are the vacuum valves plumbed in and operational? Which headers?

I'm contemplating a similar setup and am curious as to the sound, especially if the valves are active.

Thx,
WTB / ISO: G50 911 M491 Coupe or Targa
Old 11-08-2018, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by famoroso View Post
How about the rest of the system?

Are the vacuum valves plumbed in and operational? Which headers?

I'm contemplating a similar setup and am curious as to the sound, especially if the valves are active.

Thx,
Using B&B headers. Valves are not plumbed in at the time of install. Reason being (See cutaway Pic) is that the muffler is pretty free flowing as is. After running the car for awhile I felt that it needed a little more back pressure so i added some Baffles to the lower sections(Black Line). And to my surprise the sound was even better! Screams at WOT and has that great Porsche sound as I move up through the gears. My friend has a set of Electrically operated valves on his Shelby and they work great. They take very little space.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme911 View Post
Using B&B headers. Valves are not plumbed in at the time of install. Reason being (See cutaway Pic) is that the muffler is pretty free flowing as is. After running the car for awhile I felt that it needed a little more back pressure so i added some Baffles to the lower sections(Black Line). And to my surprise the sound was even better! Screams at WOT and has that great Porsche sound as I move up through the gears. My friend has a set of Electrically operated valves on his Shelby and they work great. They take very little space.
Love this! I would very much like to hear it.

I'm not wild about some of the machinations / compromises associated with the B&B headers, but my sense is that they perform the best for this application. Although, I am curious how M&K headers would do. The 3.2 specific Eisenmann SSIs are interesting, but I don't think the system added much power.

PLMK if you make it down SoCal way. I'll let you know if I make it up to Monterey. Perhaps I can buy you a beer. Planning to be up there for Thanksgiving, including the Laguna Seca Turkey trot.
WTB / ISO: G50 911 M491 Coupe or Targa

Last edited by famoroso; 11-09-2018 at 05:31 AM..
Old 11-09-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: