Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Interior options info for an 87 Carrera

Curious if anyone knows anything about interior options, I have an 87 Cab with burgundy interior and factory sport seats. My car from the factory has full leather door cards, meaning the pull handle, and arm rest is leather wrapped. I have not seen this often and curious what option code this was. Most cars I have seen, seem to be just plastic.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2018, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
I've used this site's vin decoder a few times for other makes and it populated the car's options - perhaps it may help you as well. I'm attaching the Porsche one.

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Porsche
Old 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

Post a photo of your option sticker on the underside of the hood.

And maybe a couple shots of your door panel, pocket and armrest.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I wonder about my car often. RoW car so I can't decode the VIN
Old 09-11-2018, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

In 1987 Porsche offered 3 leather interior choices:

Standard in US- Partial leather- front seating surfaces leather, everything else either vinyl or plastic.

Option 1- Partial leather beltline- Full leather front and rear seats, door cards (this is what you have)

Option 2- More $$ than option 1- Full leather- Everything above plus full leather dash.

They went this route breaking out the previous era full leather dash except by full order due to issues with shrinkage/warping and the subsequent warranty claims in hot climates. IMO the leather belt line is the best compromise, interior feels richer than the standard partial leather choice yet has the more practical plastic dash.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: