Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Goldfinger

84 911 - Updated front brake pad sensor style???

Warning light has been on the dash for longer than it should but no metal on metal sound yet. I bought Porsche brake pads so everything would be plug n play with no issues.

So Got the 911 up on jack stands. Wheels are off. Brake pads pulled (on the rears) and there is still a little bit of pad left (~3mm). Sensor is ground down super thin so I order new ones. Project on hold while I wait for parts. Parts come in and I finish the rear brake job. On to the front now....Right away I see that the sensor has come off of the pad and turned sideways onto the rotor and that ruined that sensor. ARRRRGH!@&^*$W#. Project on hold while I wait for the new front sensors I ordered.

Just got the new sensors yesterday and went to do the front pads....I open up the box and the pads are a new style. They have a hole drilled into the top of the pad for a sensor instead of a notch in the metal part of the pad (like the new rears). The new sensors I just ordered do NOT fit this style. WTF???

Anyone dealt with this new style sensor for the front and know if it is supposed to be glued in or pressed in?

Gotta love Porsche and their constant need to "improve" design. Not sure why they did this with the front and not the rears though.

Sorry; no pics right now as I was too frustrated when this all happened last night.

Thanks in advance for any help.
M.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I've never had any issue with the pads and sensors. I just buy the pads that have the notches in them for the sensors. I don't usually buy the Porsche ones so can't speak to if they've changed the design or not. That being said, some of the pads do show a note that says you need the new style of sensor:
Old 09-12-2018, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Goldfinger

Here is what the new sensor looks like. Question; does it just press in like the original sensors or do you have to glue it in? If glued....what kind of glue? Just don't want to have to order and wait for more stuff again.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Just push it in.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Goldfinger

Thanks John. I almost called you but I figured you be watching.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: