Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Garage
Wayne's New Book 'Speed Read Porsche 911'

'Speed Read Porsche 911. The History, Technology and Design Behind Germany's Legendary Sports Car'

A comprehensive and very insightful book about what made the 911 such a special car. Take a peak inside below.

Wayne will be stopping by our upcoming Coffee & Cars with Pelican, where he'll be signing copies of this book for attendees.

If you're unable to make it to our event and want a signed copy, just indicate that in the “Additional Comments" section in “Step 4” of Checkout and we'll take care of you.

Click HERE to Purchase!

Old 09-12-2018, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

interesting artwork... who gets credit for the art in the book? Are there any actual photos?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakrat View Post
interesting artwork... who gets credit for the art in the book? Are there any actual photos?
Not sure about the art credit, it may be the publisher's. The whole book is filled with Lichtenstein-style art.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Hi everyone. This is a neat project that I took on late last year as a semi-favor to Motorbooks, my long-time publisher of the how-to books. It's the fifth in the series of SPEED READ books from MBI, and I have to admit, that I like the concept. It's not quite a dummies book, it's not quite a fact book, it's not quite a story book - it contains a bunch of info on the cars and snippets that one might not know or not have heard of.

If you happen to have one of those books on the history of the 911, but you never read it because its 700+ pages long, then this book is perfect. It's a weekend / long afternoon read, and it's written so that you can jump around to exactly what interests you (much like the how-to books). As you can see the illustrations are awesome, Jeremey Kramer did an excellent job with them (as he has also done with some of the other books in the series).

As with most everything that I do, I did put a bunch of time into this, and I think it's pretty good, and an entertaining read. Different from my other book projects, but a title that I'm happy with, and I think this will make an excellent stocking stuffer this holiday season. It might also be a book for the wife, if she wants to understand a little bit of the history surrounding these cars that we all love!

Thanks for your continued support!

-Wayne
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just got it in the mail, perfect read for the weekend. Tim
Old 09-14-2018, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: