Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
88 911 cp

Garage
“Classic Project Gold” 2019 Air Cooled Turbo!

Just got this email notice from Porsche:
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/projectgold/?utm_campaign=PCNA_Newsletter_09-2018&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

I hope the link works.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
wow

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/po18/the-porsche-70th-anniversary-auction/lots/r0033-2018-porsche-911-turbo-classic-series-project-gold/717749
Old 10-11-2018, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Jerry Seinfeld is about to write a very large check.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage

Kudos to the folks at Porsche Classic.

Quote:
The aim of “Project Gold” was to showcase the exceptional capabilities of Porsche Classic alongside the customization resources of Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur, from which the general aesthetic presentation was derived using colors and appointments consistent with those of the current 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series.

Thereafter, the build of “Project Gold,” which lasted one-and-a-half years, mainly relied on the more than 52,000 genuine parts available in Porsche Classic’s resources, of which there are currently available 6,500 parts for the 993 generation alone. Porsche Classic worked closely with Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur in presenting a car that was at once current and forward-thinking in its execution, as well as authentic to the heritage of the 993 Turbo.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That car will not be allowed to be registered nor driven in the US due
to some problem with the VIN. So if Jerry buys it he will only be able
look at it!
'71 911T Coupe White, '70 911T Coupe Blue
'68 911 Coupe Orange, '68 911L Soft Window Targa
Old 10-11-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwanna View Post
That car will not be allowed to be registered nor driven in the US due
to some problem with the VIN. So if Jerry buys it he will only be able
look at it!
and... ?

He might have a driver TT too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post

Kudos to the folks at Porsche Classic.
Exactly!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Administrator

Garage
From what I've heard...dealer plates can make this road worthy..
Old 10-11-2018, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I saw it at Rennsport. It was one of the few cars behind ropes, but it did look amazing.

My understanding is that because it is a new car, it has to meet todays standards (emissions, safety, etc), which a 993 does not, so it is not permitted on the roads.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Dunno what this will sell for?
You might be able to get a Singer Williams for less?
C
Old 10-11-2018, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
This is 1 of 1 - produced by Porsche, unlikely to ever be done again - its hard to even imagine what someone will pay for that type of rarity.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megerian View Post
This is 1 of 1 - produced by Porsche, unlikely to ever be done again - its hard to even imagine what someone will pay for that type of rarity.
I think it's going to blow any Singer or 911 of any kind out of the water with regard to selling price. 8 figures wouldn't shock me.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueWhy View Post
I think it's going to blow any Singer or 911 of any kind out of the water with regard to selling price. 8 figures wouldn't shock me.
I agree, it wont be cheap. I also think this car will never get driven on the road. Maybe trailered to some very special events. Maybe never seen after purchase. It's a trophy car.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepstein View Post
I agree, it wont be cheap. I also think this car will never get driven on the road. Maybe trailered to some very special events. Maybe never seen after purchase. It's a trophy car.
It's such a trophy car they even made it gold. I think the debate about it not having a vin or being street legal is basically moot. It's not like someone was going to shell out millions of dollars for this to be their new daily driver. It's a 1 of 1 car, the last air cooled 911 ever to be made by Porsche, the only way this is getting driven is if Porsche offered a bumper to bumper warranty with free replacement to the winning bidder.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to cmcfaul Send a message via Yahoo to cmcfaul Send a message via Skype™ to cmcfaul
its a shame these amazing cars dont get driven. Buy a painting, drive the car.

Chris
Old 10-12-2018, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfaul View Post
its a shame these amazing cars dont get driven. Buy a painting, drive the car.

Chris
It would be hard to drive a car that was hand built entirely of NOS parts by Porsche. It stays new until the first 50 feet. A lot of times the person who buys such a car will commission a replica as their driver. It wouldn't be hard to grab a low mileage 993 and make it 95-98% of this car. But whoever buys it has the money to do as they please.

I applaud Porsche for turning a bunch of parts, sitting on their shelves, into something special.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Dear Friends,

Does any one know this exactly color and color code?

I have here a 2018 Porsche paint samples and the closest color here seem to be a flat paint

1-) Gold Yellow Metallic ( MP1 ) this one is very similar, but in my sample it's a flat color
2-) Aurum Metallic ( M1R )
3-) Nordic Gold Metallic ( M2Z )

thank you all
Old 10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Think Saudi Prince. I doubt we'll ever find out who buys this car.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 10-12-2018, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Hate to be a naysayer, but this post pretty much embodies my feelings on this car:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXIB9NFXFt/?taken-by=laneskelton
Old 10-12-2018, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run. Is Porsche testing the waters to see if THEY should start competing with Singer?

Or is is just an advertisement for Porsche's Classics program? Either way you have to give Porsche credit for honoring their past.
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old 10-12-2018, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Runnin on empty

Garage
Auric Goldfinger

I've already placed a deposit.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: