Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Garage
Streetfighter LA Debuts First Ever Tesla-Powered Porsche 'E-RWB'

A few months back we were introduced to Lee and Dylan Coleman, a father/son team that founded Streetfighter LA, one of the few US based wide body kit producers who are globally known for their CAD/digitally designed product, aggressive design aesthetic, and high-quality parts and accessories. They came to us because they wanted our help with their newest project, a backdated RWB Porsche that would be powered by a Tesla motor - the first ever 'E-RWB'. We jumped right in and assissted with quite a few parts for the build...the result speaks for itself, quite impressive. Check out the press release below and some images from a recent Speed Hunters and Super Street article.

STREETFIGHTER LA E-RWB
Car Build/Modification List:

Base Car: 1977 Porsche 911, coupe

Body:
Porsche 1957 Ivory Paint
RWB Backdate Body Kit installed by Akari Nakai STREETFIGHTER (#81), US
RWB “Long Hood” Conversion
9ELEVEN Headlights
Chrome Window Trim
Chrome Windshield Trims
Talbot Mirrors

Motor:
Motor: EV West - Tesla Model S Performance motor swap
Motor: 420+kW Tesla Performance Drive Unit
Battery: 32kWh LG Chem liquid cooled battery
Charger: Liquid cooled Tesla 10kW
Drive: Quaife Tesla Model S Limited Slip Differential

Suspension:
Elephant Racing GT3 Inspired Racing Suspension
Elephant Racing Level 3 Independent Coil Over Conversion
Elephant Racing Lowered Front Struts
Elephant Racing Adjustable Billet Control Arms
Elephant Racing QuickChange Strut Brace
Elephant Racing QuickChange Camber Plates
Elephant Racing QuickChange Bladed Sway Bars
Elephant Racing Monoball Front Sphericals Bearings
Elephant Racing Billet Front Cross Member
Elephant Racing Adjustable Bump Steer Kit
Elephant Racing De-Cambered Ball Joints
Elephant Racing Turbo Tie Rod Kit
Elephant Racing 935 Spring Plates
Elephant Racing Trailing Arm Monoball Conversion
Elephant Racing Spring Plate Reinforcement Kit
Elephant Racing Shock Tower Reinforcement Kit
EV West Porsche 930 Axle Conversion Flanges

Wheels/Tires
Custom Spun BBS RS (17x10 -- 17x12.5)
24k Gold Hardware
Billet BBS Design Line Center Caps
Toyo Tires R888R (245/40/17 -- 315/35/17)

Interior:
STREETFIGHTER LA Full Cabin Fiberglass Interior Panels
EV Controls Tesla Model S VCU
Custom Porsche 356 Speedster Seats
RWB Los Angeles Chrome Plated Roll Cage
Momo Indy Heritage Steering Wheel
Momo Steering Wheel Quick Release
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Pedal Set
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Floorboard Set
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Lower Dash
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Key Hole Cover
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Door Locks
Rennline Fully Polished Billet Bezels
Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery Tan Leather Conversion
Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery Burberry Seat Insert Conversion
Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery Tan Alcantara Headliner Conversion
Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery Tan Rug Conversion
Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery Full Cabin Sound Detonating
EV West Electric Gas Pedal

Check out the press from Speed Hunters & Super Street

Old 10-31-2018, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage

PRESS RELEASE:

STREETFIGHTER LA DEBUTES FIRST EVER TESLA-POWERED, PORSCHE “E-RWB” IN THE TOYO TREADPASS AT SEMA 2018

Partnering with EV West, Toyo Tires, LTMW, Pelican Parts, Elephant Racing, 9ELEVEN Headlights, MOMO, and Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery, this RAUH-Welt Begriff (RWB), Tesla powered, custom build is the first all-electric, fastest and most powerful RWB ever!

Los Angeles, CA— October 26, 2018 — STREETFIGHTER LA, a Los Angeles based, global wide body and automotive aftermarket performance parts company, debuts the world premiere of the first ever, Tesla powered, all electric, Porsche E-RWB (Electric-RWB) exclusively In the Toyo Treadpass. The original 1977 Porsche 911 coupe was transformed by Akari Nakai (Rauh-Welt Begriff), EV West and LTMW into the fastest and most powerful RWB ever built. The vehicle, with the Model S Performance Tesla drive system, will produce over 420kW of power and over 4000 ft/lbs of torque at the rear axle delivering over 563ewhp, (electric wheel HP), comparatively faster than a 700hp gas car and the 580HP of a 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S.

“It’s a Tesla-powered, high-speed, fashionable Porsche 911 beast in a beautiful Backdate RWB widebody” said STREETFIGHTER LA’s Co-Founders, Lee and Dylan Coleman.

“This is a generational design and performance breakthrough moment for car building in the automotive, fashion and pop culture spaces. The build features the highly recognized race styling of RWB, the incredible EV West high-performance design of the Tesla motor drive system propelling the car’s redline street/track performance along with the latest automotive aftermarket tech products wrapped in a high-fashion aesthetic to update and upgrade the original classic car.”

The build’s custom crafted interior panels and fashion forward, Burberry/Chrome aesthetic was meticulously designed by Dylan Coleman creating a must-see build at SEMA.

“The EV West 911 Tesla conversion is the perfect match for the powerful stance of the RWB Porsche and the clean lines of the STREETFIGHTER LA interior kit. Simple and powerful sum it up.” Michael Bream, EV West.

“We at Toyo Tires have enjoyed partnering with STREETFIGHTER LA for a couple of years now. They concept and execute innovative builds that generate buzz and excitement in the car world and bring positive attention to our brand and products.” Stan Chen Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp.

The E-RWB Partners Create Redline Excitement and Performance

STREETFIGHTER LA handpicked our list of amazing and synergistic partners on this project. This finely tuned group of leaders in the automotive performance and aftermarket space all stepped up to deliver a one-of-one build.

RWB/RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF - Each RWB build by Nakai-san is truly coveted and this one, being Tesla powered, will be the first, fastest and most powerful E-RWB to date. Named STREETFIGHTER (ストリートファイター), #81 US, this is a Backdate RWB, was built at the STREETFIGHTER LA and LTMW garages in El Monte, CA in October 2018. Nakai-san signed the Tesla engine on this project before installing it into the car.

San Marcos based, EV West, specializes in electric vehicle conversions for classic and performance automobiles, as well as manufacturing and selling components for performance shops or DYI mechanics. The Porsche E-RWB will utilize the latest drive system from EV West using a Tesla Performance Drive Unit and a Porsche factory mount points with a 930-axle conversion and included high output LG Chem battery pack. There is no better way to put Tesla power into your Porsche. The system requires no body or chassis modifications therefore keeping the vehicle’s value and integrity.

Toyo Proxes R888R provide race-winning traction that keeps the E-RWB on the ground. The 315/35/17 and 245/40/17 Proxes R888Rs sit on fully polished 10” and 12.5” BBS Rims to provide an aggressive stance and style. Toyo Tires has also provided a prime location at the SEMA Show to debut this project. The Toyo Treadpass is located between Central and South Hall and is a premiere destination at the SEMA Show for the last five years, featuring some of the most creative auto builds at SEMA. The Toyo Treadpass offers attendees the chance to view some of the show’s top vehicle builds up-close-and-personal, meet celebrities and collect limited-edition pins.

LTMW is an El Monte, CA based company that has exclusively been involved with the four SEMA builds for STREETFIGHTER LA and has delivered over 70 cars to SEMA over the last four years including 22 at SEMA 2018. Legendary builder/designer, Long Tran and his team have built some of the best exotic and tuned cars at SEMA and this unique RWB build highlights the LTMW quality and craftsmanship.

Elephant Racing, the leader in Porsche suspension science, worked closely with our team to design a fully adjustable custom suspension to take full advantage of the Tesla Model S Performance power & torque. Their GT3 inspired adjustable retrofit system and coilovers are a perfect high-performance suspension upgrade for this ground-breaking project. With our suspension reinforced and brought up-to-date to today's race technology the 911 will be able to handle the incredible torque and thrust of the Tesla P80 as it pushes all performance limits making this the fastest and best handling RWB ever.

Pelican Parts, the leader in providing affordable European parts, accessories, and DIY Technical Articles to enthusiast worldwide was very instrumental in bringing this Classic Porsche 911 back to show condition. With their extensive knowledge and passion for all things Porsche, Pelican Parts exceeded all expectations during this restoration; making them a valuable resource for any P-car owner.

9ELEVEN Headlights, by dR Design in Los Angeles, CA is the only patented plug and play headlight system for vintage Porsche 911’s. Created by Lee del Rosario, all 9ELEVEN headlights are serial numbered and hand assembled in the USA with high end finishes along with the latest in LED technology that produces an output unlike no other and makes this custom build shine brighter than the rest.

MOMO has become a global leader in automotive aftermarket and motorsports parts since it revolutionized the steering wheel in 1964. MOMO’s Indy steering wheel, used for this project comes from the MOMO’s Heritage Series, which takes MOMO back to its roots with retro-inspired designs and exceptional quality that connects the past with today’s innovations. No other steering wheel could better capture the essence of a 1977 Porsche 911 outfitted with today’s latest technology and updated designs.

Rogelio’s Auto Upholstery custom work has been seen on many SEMA cars and continues their tradition in this high end, fashion-forward, custom STREETFIGHTER LA project. Based in Baldwin Park, CA, the three generations of interior auto crafters at Rogelio’s used designer materials, top quality leather and Alcantara suede to bring the chrome and Burberry, Dylan Coleman design to fruition and let this build thrive not only in the automotive world, but in the fashion and pop culture environments as well.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to nameisbauer
Dang.

911 Mint Green "RSC" #mintgrun
E30 Diamond Schwarz Touring slicktop#e30speedwagon
450 SL Red #SLadyinred
Old 10-31-2018, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Gas Huffer

Garage
Def a love/hate feeling on this, though great craftsmanship all around. Great color choice. (I'm biased). Interior has some great looking parts, so fresh and clean. What's in the frunk? Also, what's the final weight of it?

#912RSTi or follow me @912RSTi
Old 10-31-2018, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Wow... what a beautiful machine. Sleek minimalist view to the cabin & engine compartment. Would love to take it for a spin.
Can't say I'm in love with the bolted-on fenders, though.... why do people do that? Ruins the sleek lines IMO. Removable fenders & fender beading are okay on my '70 VW Beetle, but not on a sleek bodied Porsche. I suppose it's a racing thing so they can be changed out easily if they get banged up going around a curve.
Maybe going for the Frankenstein look for Halloween...
Anyway, sure wouldn't kick it out of my garage.
Yukon Yellow
Old 10-31-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I love it mostly, but man first time you jump on the throttle you'd crack your head on the roll cage, how bout some headrest!
enjoyed and passed along:
1990 964 C2, 2007 C4S Cabriolet, 1997 986, 1958 356 A
Old 10-31-2018, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I wonder what they are going to do with the gauges that don't work now and if there is AC that comes out of those vents. Incredibly awesome build!

Does anyone know if there is a build thread for this or a place to see it's progression?
Old 10-31-2018, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDKLOL View Post
I wonder what they are going to do with the gauges that don't work now and if there is AC that comes out of those vents. Incredibly awesome build!

Does anyone know if there is a build thread for this or a place to see it's progression?
There will be a build thread soon, just waiting for the info and more images to come in. The car is at SEMA this week, so we'll likely get everything in sometime next week hopefully.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
Def a love/hate feeling on this, though great craftsmanship all around. Great color choice. (I'm biased). Interior has some great looking parts, so fresh and clean. What's in the frunk? Also, what's the final weight of it?
Should have this info soon and will update.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry, don't get it.
Might as well just do this to a Honda.
You've lost over half the "feel" of a 911 without that air-cooled engine out back.
Might as well be a Porsche looking kit car to me.

Doug
1973 RSR inspired genesis powr'd by dilithium crystals (3.6 RS Vram)
Old 10-31-2018, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Cr@pcan Rescuer

Garage
Beautiful build. Very minimalist. In fact so minimalist they deleted the very best part.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. G-man

Garage
I like the interior a lot (needs headrests)
The exterior... meh, not so much
Impressive build though.
32C Member #41

1986 911 3.2 Carrera (not stock)
1974 911 2.7 9114102230 SOLD
Old 10-31-2018, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Okay, I get it. I really do. But, there's just something wrong with a mid-body with no gear shift and third pedal. Maybe I need to scare the kids off my front lawn, or something. . . I've been (happily) passed by.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

how bad is the rear weight bias now?...
Old 10-31-2018, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

i really like this.. i want something classic that's electric converted for a daily
Old 10-31-2018, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I like it and I'd be curious to know;

1. Cost of the power plant conversion?

2. Weight difference from stock?

911E Coupe -70

Carrera 3,2 -84 Sold

Last edited by H-viken; 10-31-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
My other ride is a C-130J

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnerd View Post
Sorry, don't get it.
You've lost over half the "feel" of a 911 without that air-cooled engine out back.
+1

Couldn’t have said it any better.
Previously Owned Art from Stuttgart
2000 Boxster -1983 911 SC Cab -1984 944 N/A
Old 10-31-2018, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Sorry, don't get it.
As an owner of an electric car, would need to respectfully disagree. Get in an electric car and hit the go pedal, you will have a huge smile on your face. I think it absolutely matches the Porsche moto.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

It's good to see builders going in this direction - can't get away from it, either good or bad. But after doing all that work to the looks of the car, still sticking to the less than stellar (trying to be diplomatic here, but what I really mean is shoddy looking quality) Rauh Welt body work. They did a complete, likely windows out, repaint and still have the doors not aligning and left the gas lid on an electric car?

I get the concept and the idea, absolutely love the colour scheme and applaud them for tackling this project, but the execution is certainly wanting.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Sorry, don't get it.
Agreed.

This looks well done but belongs in this other forum akin to the V8 conversions.

Porsche Engine Conversion Tech Forum - Pelican Parts Forums
Old 10-31-2018, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: