Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

https://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/new-parts/911-mirrors?category=Singer+Style
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 07-19-2019, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

Garage
Love those mirrors

David
Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

backdate update

It has been a long journey to date....and it is not over yet. I have completed my portion of the Carrera backdate (Phase 1) and it is ready to ship. Wow! It is really a nice 911. 1986 Carrera, backdated with longhood sheet-metal (TRE supplied) , engine built from 3.2-3.5 with Nickies cylinders/Mahle pistons, Mod-S cams, 46mm PMO ITBs, AEM Infinity ECU, dansk headers and sport exhaust (it runs very strong and makes all the right sounds), Elephant dual/ST Carrera cooling system . Suspension modded with Sander 21/28 t-bars, Tarett sways, Rebel Racing Boxster brake kit, WEVO shifter & coupler, WaveTrac LSD etc.....interior is lightweight carpet, amazing GTS seats (ST drivers/R passenger.).....Maxlite 7s & 9s really fill out the wheel wells nicely. It is now ready for Phase 2.... to be shipped to its new owner, my friend Raz, in Kuwait. Raz will complete the backdate project by having his body/paint crew completely dismantle it and take it down to glass out/bare metal paint job , alignment/corner balancing, etc....to complete the fit and finish. I can't wait to see the final result, it will be stellar.

Note: I have to admit, it feels a little weird not to personally take the project to completion. Typically I would have my local body/painter guys do their magic, but Raz has a talented crew, in Kuwait, that will complete this under his supervision, ensuring that it meets his specifications.....so, while it is a different path for me, it has been excellent working with Raz on this project and especially interesting to be part of this very long distance project..........

PS: I took it out for one last ride and got pulled over for speeding. 92 mph on a frontage road (don't try this at home) .....had a pleasant conversation with the very nice Trooper and received no ticket.......that is a very good sign

[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669

Last edited by al lkosmal; 08-02-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Old 08-02-2019, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Garage
Trooper was impressed with build!
Old 08-02-2019, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHoover View Post
Trooper was impressed with build!
well, Hoover....he did let me go.....so at least I was impressed!

regards,
al
RGruppe #669
Old 08-02-2019, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al lkosmal View Post
Shaun,
although I have been reading up a bit on using common plenums with ITBs, with the reported benefits being improved power in the mid-range/high RPM...eliminating any flat spots.......but I have not tried this approach yet so I cannot provide any firsthand experience or back-to-back comparisons.....but the ITBs themselves, with individual filters or rainhats (PMO) are such an improvement over the factory CIS or 3.2/3.6 MAF throttle bodies with common plenum...I have been very happy with the results and the beauty of modern engine management is that you can really tune out the flat spots. I've seen some of the stuff that Rothsport is doing with variable plenums etc and it is impressive and brings more power.... I am always open to new ideas and more power.....up to a certain point where I start to think that it is too complex or doesn't meet my price/performance criteria for street driven canyon carvers (which varies daily)
I do like the direct path and equal air intake that you can achieve with ITBs. Seems to work very well.

regards,
al
if you ever want to try the plenum. i have cnc adaptors for putting standard 964 plenum on top of jenveys
Old 08-02-2019, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
The Trooper would have been far more impressed if you passed a buck but you obviously weren’t trying hard enough.

Bet it went link stink. Nice build amigo.

Check out my books on Amazon: Under Big Sky, and Achieving Lasting Happiness
Old 08-02-2019, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBob View Post
The Trooper would have been far more impressed if you passed a buck but you obviously weren’t trying hard enough.

Bet it went link stink. Nice build amigo.
Rick,
Thanks......I hit 110 on that stretch........I was glad the Trooper did not witness that action......got me on the decel.

regards,
al
RGruppe #669
Old 08-02-2019, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
Aye Yi Yi. You be de (lucky) man. Rock on.

Breakfast tomorrow at Pete’s.

Check out my books on Amazon: Under Big Sky, and Achieving Lasting Happiness
Old 08-02-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBob View Post
Aye Yi Yi. You be de (lucky) man. Rock on.

Breakfast tomorrow at Pete’s.

oh yes......see you at Pete's
RGruppe #669
Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al lkosmal View Post
PS: I took it out for one last ride and got pulled over for speeding. 92 mph on a
Haha, well managed!!!

I usually end up in court for this sort of thing - I win. But it would be easier to use your skills and avoid the drama.

The car is looking awesome!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
“For a while there, I was doing WELL over 100.......”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2jATVnJzU
Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

next Stop......

Headed to Kuwait....for Phase 2................

regards,
al
RGruppe #669
Old 08-05-2019, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

The car is now in NYC awaiting a vessel to travel across the world to Kuwait. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Al for his work. Going through such a project 7000 miles away, with a significant investment, was a big call, especially that all communication was through e-mail and Skype. I can not express how wonderful the experience was working with Al on the project. Meticulous in advice and recommendations, thorough updates and very open and frank about every aspect of the project. Al has created exactly what i had in mind, along with sound advice, and i can not thank him enough for his honesty and diligence in getting the project done. I also wished i had gone all the way on the paint etc but needed to make a judgment call and get it done here as some aesthetics go into that part of the project that i needed to see in front of me.

Regardless of the final look, i am sure this 911 has one hell of a motor under the hood that i look forward to putting many happy miles on.

Al thanks again for everything and it was truly a pleasure working with you on this project and hopefully more to come !

your friend in Kuwait
Raz
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: