Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Work in Progress

Garage
Overcrest Podcast - Great Dave B. (TRE-Cup) story this week

There is a really great automotive podcast that covers automotive stories/news/history with a heavy tilt towards Porsche, called Overcrest. I thoroughly enjoy it and am just sharing it with all of you hoping you find the same joy as I do.

This weeks show had a great story about Dave B. of TRE that I think most here would enjoy.

Cheers
Rich

Link to Episode with Dave B content starts at about the 37 minute mark:

https://overcrestproductions.com/episodes/2018/11/12/episode-73-bring-cash-we-might-get-arrested
Old 11-12-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I just recently discovered Overcrest too. Agree that it is a great podcast for Porsche content. Haven't listened to the Monday episode yet though - will have to on this morning's commute….
Old 11-13-2018, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Diss Member

Dave's got great stories. I shared my car with him on last year's Targa Baja and I got to hear some amazing stuff. I walked the pits with him during this year's Rennsport and it was just awesome. He knew so much of the history of so many cars and he knew so many of the people that we got to talk to everybody.

So many of the best automotive experiences I've had in the last few years have been because of Dave. (Targa Baja forever baby!!!)
(I have accused him of not working at his shop because his knowledge of back roads in California is so encyclopedic.)

--
Wayne - 87 Carrera coupe -> The pooch.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Kris and Jake are good dudes! Both have longhood 911s and wrench on their own stuff, which makes their podcast content very topical for Pelican folks. Some episodes are automotive history lessons and others are them BSing about road trips or repairs or both.

As far as Porsche podcasts are concerned, they are the ying to Spike's Car Radio's yang. No talk of PTS colors or allocations; just driving and wrenching.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Diss Member

Dave tells me they didn't get the full story...
They took the 101 up to Laguna Seca.
The drove highway 1 back to North Hollywood through heavy traffic.

Highway 1 was 15 minutes faster!

--
Wayne - 87 Carrera coupe -> The pooch.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Dave tells me they didn't get the full story...
They took the 101 up to Laguna Seca.
The drove highway 1 back to North Hollywood through heavy traffic.

Highway 1 was 15 minutes faster!
Ha, that is a great addition to the story. Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe Kris and Jake will have to get him on to tell the WHOLE story and a few more. I've never met Dave but have read enough stories and drooled over his work for the past 10+ years.

When I heard Oblinger mention a guy named Dave who was a "porsche guy" with a last name that started with B and I could spell it, I just knew it was him

Here is the photo of the car that the guys from Overcrest posted on their facebook feed:

Old 11-14-2018, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: