Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1985 Carrera fender bender deleted

deleted

Last edited by mowog63; 11-12-2018 at 06:58 PM..
Old 11-12-2018, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wait... so you saying your insurance company will give you a total loss (agreed upon value) on a fender bender that’s repairable?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Is that a dent above the flare?

I cannot even clearly see the damage as the picture is horrible.

I'd get an estimate, file with their insurer since they hit you, pull the fender myself, find a '85 fender (they are out there), get it color matched.

I have no idea why you are out of your mind in giving the car away for a bent fender for an agreed value. This makes no sense as it's a fender and they are meant to be replaced.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Is that a dent above the flare?

I cannot even clearly see the damage as the picture is horrible.

I'd get an estimate, file with their insurer since they hit you, pull the fender myself, find a '85 fender (they are out there), get it color matched.

I have no idea why you are out of your mind in giving the car away for a bent fender for an agreed value. This makes no sense as it's a fender and they are meant to be replaced.
I’m confused too.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vesnyder Send a message via Yahoo to vesnyder
You have the option of the insurance company buying you out for a fender dent? I want to know what insurance company does that?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Were you wearing your seatbelt? Maybe you suffered a blow to the head?

Take a few days to re-evaluate.

Jason
Old 11-12-2018, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I had a similar issue with my 944 some time back. Got lightly rear ended at a stop light and the bumper was a bit wonky. I filed a claim with the insurance company of the person that hit me, they sent someone out they were willing to cover a body shop to take care of it. I asked if I could do the work myself and they said they would simply cut me a check for their estimated cost of parts etc and I could do the work. I went that route and put new impact bumper shocks on my self, it was way faster and way simpler.

I would not claim the whole car over this, especially considering those front quarter panels are fairly easy to remove and replace if need be. If you pop the wheel off you can likely tap those dents out from behind with a ball hammer pretty easily.

There are plenty of places that do nothing but match paint all day, a good shop can get it painted up, patina matched and all, no problem.

The car was no longer original the first time new tires were put on it... Id say you still have a very very very very original car.

Im right in CC if you need help with any of the work im happy to lend a hand.

Regards
Dave
Old 11-12-2018, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Ah, that's life could have been worse.

Say to the person that hit you to give you a thousand cash and avoid the courts (LOL) then get it fixed by some place you trust or comes recommended. Sure it would have been better if it didn't happen, but it has happened. And if it really has put you off the car sell it to someone who will appreciate it.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Looks like he went into the garage and pulled it himself. Looks good as new.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: