Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Nut

Garage
Distributor cap ID help needed

I need a new distributor cap for my twin plug 2.8 MFI engine but Iím not sure what I have or where to get a new one. The inside center looks similar to the Magneti Marelli unit I saw posted in another thread but my contact points are different. Mine are spades vs the solid brass contacts on the MM. I think mine might be a Jaguar part from a few things I have read online. Will a MM cap work with my distributor? Can anyone help me find where to buy a new and correct cap. Either what I currently have or something else such as the MM partnif correct for my application. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jaguar Marelli cap.

Looks like a JBR distributor and thats what they supply with them.
(503) 244-0990
porsche@rennsportsystems.com
www.rennsportsystems.com
Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Distributor

Steve that's not a JB Racing dist.,we never glued the rotor to the platform, that cap is the aftermarket Jag cap made by facet, the dimensions where it locates on the distributor are a little different than the marelli, when we designed the JB unit marelli wasn't sure how long the caps were going to be produced so we fit them to the aftermarket cap.
Thanks, Mike Bruns
Old 11-27-2018, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Porsche Nut

Garage
Thanks guys for info, can you tell me what I should buy or where to get it? Thank you, Mark

Edit: I should have included that this motor was built by Mittelmotor in Germany. I guess I could contact them, but I don’t speak German ��

Last edited by merbesfield; 11-27-2018 at 04:54 AM..
Old 11-27-2018, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Cap

Depending on where you are NAPA has or can get the aftermarket caps, Other parts stores can as well, Or call JB Racing and get one with the wiring placard ( either CW or CCW rotation)
Mike Bruns
Old 11-27-2018, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: