Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1983 911SC mystery relay socket

Hi guys, I pulled a couple of gauges yesterday to replace my flasher relay and found what looks to be a relay socket behind the fuel/oil level gauge (fastened to the body between the rear of the gauge and the flasher relay).

The car runs great and doesn't have any electrical issues, but I'm nonetheless curious. Does anyone have a guess at what this could be? The car did have a factory alarm system which the previous (original) owner had modified before subsequently "removing". I wonder if this is at all related?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Key in ignition buzzer is likely
Old 12-03-2018, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Heck I'm only 5 not 66!

Garage
Along with the annoying key buzzer it also controls the seat belt light. I presently have mine out because the seat belt light stays on with the driver seat belt engaged. The module has electronic components interfacing with the doors and seat belt and creates a square wave that activates a relay coil with one contact that creates the buzzing sound. The module sells for just under $70 but I might be able to troubleshoot the problem and fix it for just a few bucks. Right next I am in the process of drawing the schematic in Visio. More than likely one of the components has failed. Time will tell if Iím successful.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks, guys! Learned something new!
Old 12-03-2018, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: