Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.63 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
SEVENT9 // A YouTube Channel For New 911ers

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you to a new YouTube channel that I am working on about the restoration of my 911. SEVENT9.

www.tinyurl.com/sevent9

I absolutely LOVE the forums here at Pelican and I owe many of you a continued debt of thanks for all of the help and advice that you continue to provide to myself and other newcomers to the world of 911 stewardship. As a new owner coming in to your world I am spending a lot of time figuring things out, making mistakes and trying to find answers to what most of you will find are the most basic of tasks. Because of this I have decided to invest some time in tracking my journey and the small projects I am undertaking on my '79SC for the very first time.

For many of you with experience in these or other cars, with a mechanical background and whom already know their way around an engine then this channel will likely not be for you. But if you are a new owner and, like me, tackling everything for the first time, perhaps there may be some things here that might help you get to things a little quicker than I have been able to myself.

I'll be going over a bit about my 911, purchasing her and getting to grips with projects of various sizes. I'll also run through resources and tools I have found invaluable as a new owner as well as step-by-step videos of installing or repairing various components of this wonderful car.

Regardless of your experience I'd really appreciate a follow and enthusiastically welcome any feedback or questions that you may have.

My gracious thanks to you all for this opportunity to give back a little in my own way to a community that has given so much to me.

Dan

Last edited by thefaculty; 01-09-2019 at 06:39 AM..
Old 01-09-2019, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
SEVENT9 // Resources For New 911ers

If, like me, youíre new to 911s and not too sure where to start check out a couple of suggestions I have that have helped me out significantly at the beginning of my journey.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Very cool idea and format; good luck!

MattR
Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
Very cool idea and format; good luck!
MattR
Thanks Matt! Next one is a step-by-step install of Rennline's 3-Point Front Brace system!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Cr@pcan Rescuer

Garage
Subbed.

Good luck and looking forward to it! Finally there is starting to be more DIY Porsche content to balance out all the JDM/Domestic/other Euro stuff on YouTube.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jmotorsports View Post
Subbed.
Good luck and looking forward to it! Finally there is starting to be more DIY Porsche content to balance out all the JDM/Domestic/other Euro stuff on YouTube.
Thanks!! Exactly my feeling too - also looking forward to the videos improving, as well as my delivery, as I continue!!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I’ll be sitting on my chesterfield drinking a cinquante watching your work.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafeye View Post
Iíll be sitting on my chesterfield drinking a cinquante watching your work.
HaHa! Perfect!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Subbed. I'm in a very similar spot with my car so all of these are going to be very useful.

Do you have a list of projects you're hoping to tackle?
Old 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by et cetera View Post
Subbed. I'm in a very similar spot with my car so all of these are going to be very useful.
Do you have a list of projects you're hoping to tackle?
I DO YES

PAST PROJECTS:
Unfortunately I only decided to begin this now but I will be talking about the work that I have done so far on the car along with tons of pictures that were taken which includes:
  • Buying the car and getting a PPI
  • Heater Backdate
  • AirCon Removal
  • Replacing Heater Control up front
  • Wing Removal, Paint Repair & Custom Grille
  • Decal Design and Application
  • Reversible Rear Reflector Delete
  • Short Shift Kit install & Precision Shift Joint replacement
  • Full suspension and brake rebuild

UPCOMING PROJECTS:
These I hope to turn all into step-by-step videos and to complete them all over this winter:
  • Installation of Rennline's 3-point front brace (coming tomorrow!)
  • Install of Rennline foot pedals, adjustable accelerator pedal, dead pedal, floor boards and track mats
  • Repair of blown full beam switch (a common problem after H4s are installed)
  • ...and installation of a head light relay to prevent the full beam switch from ever melting again!
  • Replacement of rear quarter windows for louvered outlaw style plexi-windows (this one is daunting for me!!)
  • Drivers seat belt replacement.

and many more!

How's that sound?

Last edited by thefaculty; 01-09-2019 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Almost Done

where in Toronto, I am in Dundas..77 Targa
Old 01-09-2019, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

That reads exactly like my list.

I'm also in the process of installing a new m&k muffler and the Refuze panel upgrade.

I may wait a few weeks on the headlight relay so I can watch your video to find all the 'gotchas'.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I'm also in the process of installing a new m&k muffler and the Refuze panel upgrade.
Amazing - a new Muffler & SSIs are on my list but I am still deciding on the muffler - would be very interested to see yours once done!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7783911 View Post
where in Toronto, I am in Dundas..77 Targa
Downtown, Roncesvalles, enjoying a milder winter this year with a bit of driving still!!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I may wait a few weeks on the headlight relay so I can watch your video to find all the 'gotchas'.
Just looked into the Refuze panel - that looks like a brilliant addition! Damn, I'm tempted to do that because my wiring is a mess of POs but that then means I'll get into rewiring the whole car which is a whole bunch of $$$$
Old 01-09-2019, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Best of luck man on your channel! The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!
Tom
Old 01-09-2019, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tperazzo View Post
Best of luck man on your channel! The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!
Tom
Thanks Tom!!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Looks good! Subscribed.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 01-09-2019, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
Looks good! Subscribed.
Thanks MADCORGI! - Really appreciate it!!
Old 01-09-2019, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Very cool
Old 01-09-2019, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: