Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anyone upgraded to EV6 injectors for Bitz Kit injector bungs?

I may have outsmarted myself by recently purchasing some EV6 style injectors for my former CIS 3.0. I have a used Bitz "style" MS3 kit that used the same injector bungs that are designed for the "fat" EV1 Accel injectors.

I've checked many sites for any different bungs or bezels that would accommodate the CIS runners and an EV6 slim style injector. No joy.

Has anyone tried just putting the newer injectors in and running it that way?

The kit bungs are wide enough to accept the Accel injectors and have a small shoulder inside that I'm assuming the bottom of the injector's o-ring nests up against - as well as the upper lip of the body of the bung supporting the fat part of the Accel injector.

If I can fashion an injector retainer clip for the fuel rails to keep the injector secure and possibly change the length of the hold downs between the fuel rail and runners, maybe I can make it work? (also having the lower o-ring resting on the interior shoulder of the bung)

Anyone tried messing with this? I'd like to try, but there may be things I'm just not thinking of that could make this a bad idea.

thanks,

1973 E Targa
Old 01-27-2019, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I run the EV6 Siemens/Deka fuel injector on my car. I am running a Carrera intake and Carrera fuel rails though. when I originally did my install, I used the injectors that Tony recommended for his kit, so if the Carrera intake injector/fuel rail will accept the EV6, Tony's fuel rail and injector bungs will accept EV6 also.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I run ev6 Bosch injectors with 12 holes. Intended for a Jeep. Really awesome atomization.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
if you have the bitz kit most 'normal' Bosch (and other) injectors will not fit. I got a set just to see if there was a difference and as far as I remember the shape don't allow them to be pushed far enough into the heads/bungs.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: