Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Anyone purchased a set of the LED H4 headlight assemblies on ebay before?

I am looking to upgrade the headlights on my 1977 Porsche 911S and there is a company on ebay selling LED H4 headlight upgrade kit. They say it is plug and play with no other modifications. Anybody purchased a set and is there anything I should know? I am wanting something updated but I definitely want something with no hassles in installation or other modifications in order to make the headlights work. Below are the specs of the headlights being sold.

BRAND NEW Pair of
Porsche 911 912 930
LED H4 European Headlight Assemblies
with Chrome Trim Rings and Clear lenses (Left+Right)

This is a complete LED headlight assembly set that can be mounted in minutes, to completely transform the look of your 911. Direct replacement of standard US or Euro headlights (part number 91163111300)

Plugs directly into the standard headlight connectors. Very easy to install, Plug and Play!

White-light LEDs look amazing and provide fantastic visibility with high/low beam:
- 2000 Lumens Low Beam
- 3000 Lumens High beam
- 6500K Color
- Shock-proof, dust resistant, waterproof
- 50,000 hours lifetime
Old 01-28-2019, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I bought a pair from Amazon about four years ago. It is as they say plug and play. The light is pure white and I love them albeit they were a ***** to aim. Iím sure I will get some feedback but this is my opinion and I do like them
Ernie 81 sc
Old 01-28-2019, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You may want to check this site out first. To me they offer a cleaner look than what I see offered on eBay, plus they offer the Singer style as well.

Flat6illumination
Old 01-28-2019, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Hilbilly Deluxe

Garage
Do you want the look, or do you want the light? I would go with these, and a headlight relay kit, and pocket the other $500.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/70476.htm?pn=70476-M44&SVSVSI=798

If you feel the need, you can at some point buy LED replacement H4 bulbs, they are all over Amazon for about $40 per pair.
GTI Cup #43
Old 01-28-2019, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcon5 View Post
Do you want the look, or do you want the light? I would go with these, and a headlight relay kit, and pocket the other $500.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/70476.htm?pn=70476-M44&SVSVSI=798

If you feel the need, you can at some point buy LED replacement H4 bulbs, they are all over Amazon for about $40 per pair.
I want to get rid of the sugar scoop type headlights. So I really want a different look AND better lighting.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac View Post
I bought a pair from Amazon about four years ago. It is as they say plug and play. The light is pure white and I love them albeit they were a ***** to aim. Iím sure I will get some feedback but this is my opinion and I do like them
Ernie 81 sc
Do they light up the road very well. I like the look of them for sure and I am wanting a pure white light and not the bluish lighting.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
You may want to check this site out first. To me they offer a cleaner look than what I see offered on eBay, plus they offer the Singer style as well.

Flat6illumination
I will need to check into these to see what they offer and thanks!
Old 01-29-2019, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggem View Post
I will need to check into these to see what they offer and thanks!
Please report back if you do end up getting the Singer style lights from them. I've been considering it as well.

I agree with you, the sugar scoops have to go, they make the car look so tired imo.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Diggem -- my vote then is for the Bosch euro h4 assemblies, relays, and good halogen bulbs -- going to h4s was a HUGE improvement for me over the sealed beams -- actually prefer their output to us-spec HID and LED setups on other more modern cars - plus the Bosch euro h4 setups (imo) just look correct on our classic cars.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: