Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
P-Car Talk Podcast

Ok guys, a friend of mine and myself started a podcast called P-Car Talk. Its on iTunes and soon to be on Spotify. Its a passion project, the show is only talking about Porsche. There wasn't one out there that was Porsche only so we decided to fill that void. Please help us get some traction and support by subscribing, and giving us a rating and review. Also, please share with anyone else you would think that would enjoy it! Thanks Pelicans.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just tuned into your first podcast. Cool! Nice job and definitely subscribed. Would love to see this catch on to the point you can bring on special guests.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I listen to Spikes Car Radio and Overcrest every week and occasionally Car Cast. Will give your show a try too. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys, we do have some guest coming. Some big ones. Thanks for the support. Each episode gets better. We are not professional broadcasters. We are just like everyone on here for the most part and work a 9 to 5. So this is after hours passion project to give content for our group of Porsche nuts. Stay tuned for more, new episode every Thursday. Thanks Pelicans!!

Last edited by Mike964_61; 01-29-2019 at 04:30 AM..
Old 01-29-2019, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
We recorded another episode last night, it will be released tomorrow. Thanks for all the questions that we received on Instagram @pcartalk Thank you Pelicans!
Old 01-30-2019, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I was cleaning my warehouse today and decided to put in the earbuds and give your podcast a shot. Very enjoyable, keep up the good work.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Mike,

I gave episode 1 a listen but did not get all the way thru...... It seemed a bit slow paced for me.
I haven't given up but a bit more enthusiasm would certainly help.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueWhy View Post
I was cleaning my warehouse today and decided to put in the earbuds and give your podcast a shot. Very enjoyable, keep up the good work.
Thank you so Much!!
Old 01-31-2019, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG81 View Post
Mike,

I gave episode 1 a listen but did not get all the way thru...... It seemed a bit slow paced for me.
I haven't given up but a bit more enthusiasm would certainly help.
Thank you, it picks up. The first one we were nervous, the flow gets better and better each episode. We just released the six one today. Come with us on the journey it is neat to see how much we have improved!
Old 01-31-2019, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Pelicans for all the support.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike964_61 View Post
Thanks Pelicans for all the support.
Ive been listening to them and love them. Saw your 964 at Dupont Cars and Coffee last month but had no idea that was you. I will say hello next time.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoder View Post
Ive been listening to them and love them. Saw your 964 at Dupont Cars and Coffee last month but had no idea that was you. I will say hello next time.
Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for supporting the podcast. For sure please say HI at the next cars and coffee would love to speak with you. Also, we will be driving down to DRT next weekend. Hope you can make it, if so please say hello!!
Old 01-31-2019, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered Minimalist

Garage
Nice work! Just listened to episode 001. Now I need to know what's going on with your neighbors black 930. I'm an interested buyer! (and this is why he never takes it out of his garage!)

I don't mind the pace. Feels more like just friends sitting around talking Porsche. My only criticism is the name. I understand the P-Car moniker... but it just..sounds weird. Keep up the great work! Sub'd and I'll drop a review soon to help on iTunes.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 01-31-2019, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
Nice work! Just listened to episode 001. Now I need to know what's going on with your neighbors black 930. I'm an interested buyer! (and this is why he never takes it out of his garage!)

I don't mind the pace. Feels more like just friends sitting around talking Porsche. My only criticism is the name. I understand the P-Car moniker... but it just..sounds weird. Keep up the great work! Sub'd and I'll drop a review soon to help on iTunes.
Yeah you and me both. I want that car. Maybe we get enough of us circling his property we can get him to part with it. Your perception is correct as far as two friends sitting around talking about Porsche. That's exactly what we want, and making that for you guys our Porsche family. We want this to be a community where people that maybe don't have Porsche buddies to talk to on a regular basis they can tune and feel like they are at home. Yeah I know the name can sound a little strange but we couldn't find another way to refer to Porsche without saying Porsche and we can't use that because of Trademarks and copywriters. So we wanted to steer clear of that. Thank you so much for your support. I am very grateful you enjoy it. We plan on doing this as long as we can. So we aren't going anywhere.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
We are getting a lot of positive feedback. We now can be found on google play for android users. Thanks for all the support!
Old 02-04-2019, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
As a reminder a new episode comes over tomorrow morning, we can be found on all platforms now. ITunes, Google Play, Spotify, and Stitcher. So thankful for all the support, Enjoy the podcast.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Can't find it on Android...
Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Or Spotify.. What's the name again?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
P-Car Talk, it should be on all the platforms mentioned.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Hey, nice marmot.

Garage
Mike, congrats on starting the podcast. I listened to the first episode and will keep listening.

I think I saw on Instagram that you were at the Rolex 24. I couldn’t make it this year. I’ll be at Amelia in March and I’m signed up for Werks Reunion. Would like to say hi if you’re there.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to share with you some thoughts. I had this very same conversation with a guy who was a host of a TV car show or two and now has a YouTube show of his own.

Most of the your competition sucks, in my opinion. I’ve almost given up on car TV shows because they all basically follow the same formula. There’s a car. There’s some drama around the car. There’s a happy ending (no not that kind Rawknee). The End.

Basically, any corporate suit thinks that car shows have to be a soap opera for men. Almost without exception, any time they start to get good someone with a pocket square ruins it.

There is a huge gap in the market that is being underserved and I think you’re trying to step in and fill it. I guess what I’m saying is don’t try to follow a format for success that other people are using because I don’t think they get it right either. Do what you think is right in your gut. Do what you think we want to hear about because you have a better chance of getting it right.

This idea may be controversial because it could be construed as just being a product placement thing. But we have a lot of people on the forum that support our enthusiasm for Porsche with their products and they contribute here a good bit too. Chuck Moreland, Matt Monson, Charlie Griffith, Sherwood... there are many others. But I think it would be good to have them on to talk about what they do. Almost every time I’ve called someone to talk about my needs they have given me solid advice. They weren’t just trying to upsell me something I didn’t need. In fact in some cases they steered me away from things I didn’t need. Or they told me the cons of what i was thinking. Seems to me like something like that could be very informative. You’d have to avoid the pure product pitch but I think it could be tastefully done.

Some pet peeves of mine about the other shows out there...

One of the podcasts I listen to had Alois Ruf on. They asked him to tell his story of how he got started. It was freaking awesome. And then they started talking over him and it was so annoying. I could’ve listened to him talk for hours. My point is good interviewers don’t get in the way of the guest. Don’t make that mistake. Not saying you do. I’m just saying what I find annoying. There is an art to interviewing someone.

Everybody wants to talk to Jerry Seinfeld, Alois Ruf, Rod Emory, Magnus Walker, etc. And yes I want to hear from them. But there are a tremendous number of people on here that I also respect. Maye they don’t do Porsche stuff as a full-time business but that doesn’t mean they don’t have awesome stories to tell. I’d love to hear their stories too.

It’s a podcast format. I notice that in some podcasts the guys are looking at pictures of cars and talking about this or that visual difference. They forget that we listeners can’t see what they see. Be mindful of what you can accomplish within the bounds of the format.

Don’t be afraid of depth on a topic. I can only listen to people talk about whether the driving experience of a 991 GT3 is substantially different from a 997 GT3 so many times. That just doesn’t translate well to a podcast for me. Here’s a topic. Jack Olsen’s concept for his car is “one car to do it all.” One car for the track and street. Most people don’t have the luxury of a dedicated track car and a dedicated street car. How did he find the balance? What are the challenges? Can a guy like me pull off the same idea? What do I need to know? Maybe talk to some guys about the tribulations they had in doing EFI conversions. Stuff like that is what I’ll keep coming back for.

Good luck!

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: