Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Front & Rear Suspension Advise - Axles too

I have a 1985 911 with 120k miles. My front A arm bushings are shot and squeak like hell. I am going to tear down the front end and replace bushings, shocks, ball joints and tie rod ends if needed. Am also going to do the rear trailing arm bushings, shocks and need to fix my axle - passenger side inner boot is torn with grease slung up everywhere.

Questions: Axles - do I just replace both axles or order the boots and replace, repack, etc.? Have been reading that in 1985 they used two different axles based on splines - is this correct?

Front suspension - am wanting to keep pretty stock but euro ride height - what is the expected life on these torsion bars? At 120k miles should I replace them while I have everything out? Also, I read where one recommends bilstein shocks - regular ride up front and HD's in the rear. Is this good advise? Again, looking for a stock to slightly more aggressive ride.

Rear Suspension - if I am going to remove the axles, replace the trailing arm bushings, replace the shocks - aside from the sway bar bushings, is there anything else I should do while I am in there?

Thank you all,

Dave
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: