Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I received my confirmation and e-tickets within a half hour of purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoaloha View Post
For those of you attending as pedestrians, did you all get a confirmation email with tickets? I purchased tickets, my bank account was charged but I did not receive any sort of confirmation email with (or without) tickets.

I sent two different emails to the Luft team with nothing back. I am traveling from New Jersey and just want to make sure I am all set ticket-wise.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

mine came right away too
Old 04-11-2019, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Thanks guys.. thats what I was afraid of.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoaloha View Post
Thanks guys.. thats what I was afraid of.
Im sure they will get you set straight. Try emailing Lauren as she was on top of an issue I was having. Reference your order number lauren@luftgekuhlt.com
Old 04-11-2019, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Glad to see the slight tide of negativity creeping in here has receded. People should be amped about the show. Regular cars, weird cars, rare cars, I assume they'll all be there. But you can't have a good show with 10 rows of the essentially same car. So the picking and choosing wil be somewhat arbitrary.

Those with a social media account probably survived the first cut, and those without probably made the also-ran pile. Obviously having people active and useful at social media will then take lots of photos of their cars and continue to spread the luft brand in a way that looks good. Smart move really. There's no way I will be walking around thinking 'why did this car get in and not mine?'. What, really, would I do with the information anyway, even if I could find it out?

Just know there was some decision making that would have been excruciating and difficult and enjoy what's on display. If anything like last year it will probably be overwhelming anyway.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
I submitted my '83 Euro SC and didn't make the cut. It's an LA local car and nothing special. At first I was bummed but whatever. Now I can show up and leave whenever without having to worry about waiting around.

I understand why they had to limit entries. I'm still going to pay my $45 to see some neat cars in a cool venue.
I submitted my 914 Rally car *and* the 959 and they were both rejected. Not sure what their requirements are - I figured one of those two would be selected. Following that, I realized we're going to be out of town for mother's day, so I'm not going...

-Wayne

Old 04-12-2019, 12:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastr View Post
Glad to see the slight tide of negativity creeping in here has receded. People should be amped about the show. Regular cars, weird cars, rare cars, I assume they'll all be there. But you can't have a good show with 10 rows of the essentially same car. So the picking and choosing wil be somewhat arbitrary.

Those with a social media account probably survived the first cut, and those without probably made the also-ran pile. Obviously having people active and useful at social media will then take lots of photos of their cars and continue to spread the luft brand in a way that looks good. Smart move really. There's no way I will be walking around thinking 'why did this car get in and not mine?'. What, really, would I do with the information anyway, even if I could find it out?

Just know there was some decision making that would have been excruciating and difficult and enjoy what's on display. If anything like last year it will probably be overwhelming anyway.
+^. Well said.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Garage
I'm excited for this year. It's one thing to start something cool and hip, but I'm curious to see how this team outdoes themselves each year.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

Garage
Does anyone know if these tickets can be sold on. Bought two and now only need one as my buddy can't attend...obviously his name is associated with the ticket so wondering if names are checked at the gate?? In other news if anyones after a 10am ticket I have one spare!
Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepatfred View Post
Does anyone know if these tickets can be sold on. Bought two and now only need one as my buddy can't attend...obviously his name is associated with the ticket so wondering if names are checked at the gate?? In other news if anyones after a 10am ticket I have one spare!
Steve - It says on the ticket purchase page that "There are no refunds, re-entry and tickets are not transferable." So I think you might be out of luck
Old 04-17-2019, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne 962 View Post
I submitted my 914 Rally car *and* the 959 and they were both rejected. Not sure what their requirements are - I figured one of those two would be selected. Following that, I realized we're going to be out of town for mother's day, so I'm not going...
-Wayne

Dang. I've heard of at least one other 959 that was rejected too! At least I've gotten to see both of those cars in person at the C&C meets in PV.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

From these ticket policies, one would think this is some sort of exclusive, must-be-there event. One would guess from the limited entries permitted, mostly local or favored cars will be attendance. That leaves a bunch of cars out of sight who might otherwise attend with a unique or special vehicle.

Sherwood
Old 04-17-2019, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911pcars View Post
From these ticket policies, one would think this is some sort of exclusive, must-be-there event. One would guess from the limited entries permitted, mostly local or favored cars will be attendance. That leaves a bunch of cars out of sight who might otherwise attend with a unique or special vehicle.

Sherwood
I think it's the opposite in that most of us driving old cars an ungodly distance to be there were the shoe-ins....at least for the air-cooled display section.

I wonder if some of the folks that didn't get in applied for one section or the other instead of either. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Lord willing, I'll see you guys in a few weeks!

www.instagram.com/patrickossenkop
Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
-Wayne

Dang. I've heard of at least one other 959 that was rejected too! At least I've gotten to see both of those cars in person at the C&C meets in PV.
You may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head as well.

You're local and you've seen these cars before. They may be letting more cars in that aren't from that part of the country.

Just speculation by a nobody from nowhere.

www.instagram.com/patrickossenkop
Old 04-17-2019, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

Wow, a lot of angst. It is, like life, all about perspective. I used to live in Socal, and was at the first of the Cars and Coffees, before it was called anything, it was just 30-50 guys (2 degrees of speration) who came to hang out in a parking lot looking at each others rides...and that was awesome. Classic Socal car culture stuff. And there is so much more.
Now I live in CT, and aircooled 911 'things" are pretty few and far between. I don't know of any. We have "Caffeine and Carburetors", a 3 time per year thing, but it's got sponsors and advertising and a guy with a microphone jabbering for the whole thing.Not like the old days in Orange County.

So, for me, Luft is an awesome chance to come and see old pals, and neat cars. I was at last years, and it was a great chill scene! So many neat cars in a great environment. I didn't get to buy a T shirt. Boo hoo, LOL.

For you who live close by, know this: You are, I hate to use the term, but, you are spoiled with choices and riches when it comes to world class car gatherings.

I read up the line that one guy said "fook this" because he didn't get 8AM tix, and he didn't want to get stuck in an hours worth of traffic. Again, perspective. I get it, but guys like me, who starve for this sort of thing, are only too happy to drive to JFK (2 hrs maybe) Sit in the airport, fly for 5-6 hours, rent a car and drive whatever to get there, then reverse it...

So, it's like life, I guess. Everything depends on your view and position. To me this is a special event...maybe it's jumped the shark, but I can ignore that and wander around looking at my favorite cool cars and seeing pals. Sounds like a great day to me.

Last edited by lateapex911; 04-17-2019 at 11:03 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne 962 View Post

WOW - that one sure has character. I'd love to spend a day just looking at it and inspecting Details such as listening to it's Story
https://www.facebook.com/911garage
Old 04-17-2019, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Wow, a lot of angst. It is, like life, all about perspective. I used to live in Socal, and was at the first of the Cars and Coffees, before it was called anything, it was just 30-50 guys (2 degrees of speration) who came to hang out in a parking lot looking at each others rides...and that was awesome. Classic Socal car culture stuff. And there is so much more.
Now I live in CT, and aircooled 911 'things" are pretty few and far between. I don't know of any. We have "Caffeine and Carburetors", a 3 time per year thing, but it's got sponsors and advertising and a guy with a microphone jabbering for the whole thing.Not like the old days in Orange County.

So, for me, Luft is an awesome chance to come and see old pals, and neat cars. I was at last years, and it was a great chill scene! So many neat cars in a great environment. I didn't get to buy a T shirt. Boo hoo, LOL.

For you who live close by, know this: You are, I hate to use the term, but, you are spoiled with choices and riches when it comes to world class car gatherings.

I read up the line that one guy said "fook this" because he didn't get 8AM tix, and he didn't want to get stuck in an hours worth of traffic. Again, perspective. I get it, but guys like me, who starve for this sort of thing, are only too happy to drive to JFK (2 hrs maybe) Sit in the airport, fly for 5-6 hours, rent a car and drive whatever to get there, then reverse it...

So, it's like life, I guess. Everything depends on your view and position. To me this is a special event...maybe it's jumped the shark, but I can ignore that and wander around looking at my favorite cool cars and seeing pals. Sounds like a great day to me.
Well put and I thought the rush hour comment was ridiculous as well. Safe trip
Old 04-18-2019, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Well put and I thought the rush hour comment was ridiculous as well. Safe trip
You don't know rush hour in LA.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
You don't know rush hour in LA.
Saturday rush hour isn't as bad as M-F rush hour though.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastr View Post

Well said, but...
I totally understand not wanting to see 10 rows of the same car. What most of us are bummed about is no designated air-cooled parking. I could care less about my car being picked for the show. I entered just so I can park in a safe spot. Luft 4 had air-cooled parking. It was perfect. We could all park our prized possessions in a area with like minded people who also care about their cars being safe. It was like a mini show before you entered the main show. I was able to chat and meet a few owners in the parking lot. Who I still keep in touch with today. For me thats the entire point of the show. Meeting cool like minded people and having a awesome time looking at Pcars. This years show has taken half of that experience away. Why not designate a area of one of the parking lots for a air-cooled cars. Nobody wants to park in general Universal lots.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: