Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My Pelican Parts-Fu is weak...

Need some advice on how better to search for parts on Pelican Parts. My car is an 84 M491, but the closest filter I can find seems to be an 84 Carrera.

I seem to have better luck using the microfiche to obtain a part number and then directly entering that, but I don't have a lot of confidence that I am finding everything that might be available.

Is this the best method, or is there a better way to define the filter on Pelican that I am overlooking?

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2019, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Have you downloaded the PET (Porsche parts catalog?). It's available on Porsche's own website, can pull it to your laptop as a PDF. I find it invaluable. Best of luck, John
Old 03-30-2019, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've been using downloaded copies of the Workshop Manual & V-Pages which seem really helpful.

Am I correct in my understanding that the "V-Pages" document is the PET that you are referring to?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

jeffries, do you mind posting a link. I was just looking through the porsche website and having difficulties finding PET. Thanks, David
Old 03-30-2019, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I downloaded mine from here:
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/
Old 03-30-2019, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Yes David. I just did a search here in the forum and and came up with the same

It's within the Porsche Classic site.

The Pelican forum search function works really well...best way is Advanced Search > Search by Title.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Much appreciated.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Wider is Better

Garage
It also helps if you create two profiles in your account, one for the Carrera and one for a turbo. Use the turbo profile for suspension and body and the Carrera profile for everything else.

If you place an order be sure to put Turbolook in the comment section. The Pelican tech people have followed up before shipping to make sure I ordered the right part.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: