Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Almost Done

help with rennline throttlestop

I redid the interior of my 77 targa this winter and one aspect was replace floorboards with black rennline floorboards and new carpeting. Looks great and I thought..hmm..may as well add a throttle stop so one was ordered. No instructions so contacted rennline and got told floorboards are configured for throttle stop..well I aint blind and there is no pre-drilled holes to mount the stop with..disappointed with that silly response I am turning to the community for answers

my questions..

how do you determine where to place the throttle stop?
Do you need to do anything to the original pedal backing which has a protrusion or is that what the "bolt" should strike as the stop?

Pictures, advice, aspirin all appreciated

Last edited by 7783911; 04-16-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
you really need to suck it to see. if you have it ill adjusted you can bend the bell crank at the tunnel that can result in the throttle being penned and pegged stuck WFO. better to stop it early than late initially.

you really need to get it set in place, see where the throw is at the pedal in relation to the throttle linkage at the motor. once the linkage at the motor is hitting the stops adjust the pedal stop there or just a C-hair before.

if your not driving with a stop now be careful on burying the peddle too deep or vigorously until you get it sorted out. I had mine adjusted properly so I though getting through a Saturday morning warm up and qualify all was good. until the rolling start of the race when my peddle foot force under such a red mist buried the thing deep enough to bend the linkage pinning it at the tunnel at full tilt.

lets just say my lightening quick reflexes and thinking quickly under pressure saved the day as I shifted to neutral, shut the engine off and coasted to a safe enough spot a yellow was not required to pull me out. that, and the fact that I was generally far enough back in the grid only 4-5 cars had to dodge and go around me into turn 2...
Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Almost Done

Thanks

do you have photos of your install i can use to guide me
Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Good Morning Bob,

I apologize if you did not get the response that you were looking for. Your 77 would not have originally come with a throttle stop, so it would be unusual for someone to add one down the road. For that reason, we do not drill our floorboards for the throttle stop, unless the relative factory floorboards were also drilled and configured with a throttle stop.

I spoke to the team and it sounds like you spoke with Josh who didn't realize that you were trying to put a throttle stop on a non throttle stop car. Our apologies for the confusion. We will follow up with an email where we will send you a 1:1 drawing of that section of an early floorboard (on that would have come with a throttle stop) and that should provide some clarity on where to mount the stop.

-Rennline Team
Old 04-17-2019, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Almost Done

yes, my mistake for getting too excited by the beautiful floorboards..didnt realize the TS was not for the 77 targa..i ll just post for sale or see if i can exchange with rennline when i order some other parts from them...

duh
Old 04-18-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: