Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Are these original keys?

I have a one owner 911E. It came with one set of keys attached to the original fab. One key reads Porsche for the ignition and doors. The other two keys for the glove box and hood, read DOM and Huf. I'm sure the Porsche key is original, but what about the other two?? Also, I'm looking to make a duplicate set of all three. Where do I go? I don't see them here on Pelican. Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2019, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
cycling has-been

Your car should have come with 4 keys, and one small one if you had a Bosch antennae.
Two blacks fit all locks and two reds that do not fit glove box or trunk lock, if so equipped. (aka valet key)
The geometric shape of the black rubber heads are opposite for the reds. Many repos ignore this minor detail.
My 73, 76, and 77 are all labeled DOM on the top bar.
Glove box keys were always matched to the door locks - just that the red key should not open the glove box.
Bill K

Last edited by bkreigsr; 04-26-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-26-2019, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreigsr View Post
Your car should have come with 4 keys, and one small one if you had a Bosch antennae.
Two blacks fit all locks and two reds that do not fit glove box or trunk lock, if so equipped. (aka valet key)
The geometric shape of the black rubber heads are opposite for the reds. Many repos ignore this minor detail.
My 73, 76, and 77 are all labeled DOM on the top bar.
Glove box keys were always matched to the door locks - just that the red key should not open the glove box.
Bill K
Thanks, but things must have been different in 69. My oem Porsche key will only work ignition and door locks. My dom key, and huf key operate glove box and hood lock, independent of each other of course.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
cycling has-been

It's very helpful when you post car information.
My response covers 70-84 for the black, 70-86 for the red.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreigsr View Post
It's very helpful when you post car information.
My response covers 70-84 for the black, 70-86 for the red.
Youíre right, donít know why I omitted date. Itís a 1969 911e Targa. Completed in January of 1969. I bought last year from the original owner who kept every receipt and invoice. It came with a black key fob with three keys attached. Iím wanting to make a duplicate set of the three. Iíve never seen a key with huff or dom on it, prior to buying this car.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: